Job Title: Shipper/Receiver
Purpose of the Job:
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for preparing and packaging goods and materials for shipment, ensuring completion of all necessary documentation, receiving incoming materials and verifying quantities with the packing slips.
Core Tasks and Duties/Performance Expectations:
· Assisting other departments with various tasks including but not limited to cleaning, sweeping, mopping, assembly, lifting and moving material and providing general assistance as required;
· Knowledgeable with shipping/receiving practices and procedures
· Accurately fulfill customer orders based on picking slips
· Use computerized courier programs and ERP system to accurately enter in destinations, dimensions, weights and other information
· Other duties as assigned
· Completion of secondary school or equivalent
· Previous shipping/receiving experience is considered an asset
· Previous experience working with a ERP system preferred
· High level of detail, accuracy and hand-eye co-ordination
· Ability to follow instructions
· Ability to work as a team/independent
· Reliable/ dependable - excellent attendance and punctuality record
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work in a safe and orderly manner
Description of the Working Conditions:
· Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection, and work boots. Loose clothing is not permitted.
· Must be willing to work shifts, extended hours and weekends.
Please email resumes to HR@excaliburcrossbow.com and reference the job title in the subject line of your email.