Job Title: National Sales and Marketing Manager
Purpose of the Job: The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and implementing the sales activities to meet the company targets for sales and growth. This role will be responsible to hire, train, direct, manage, develop and support the sales and marketing team to ensure that sales objectives are achieved. The position will be accountable for developing strategic relationships at a senior level with key retail accounts.
Core Tasks and Duties/Performance Expectations:
· Accountable for the overall performance of the sales and marketing team by providing leadership in recruitment, training, motivation, development and performance management to ensure performance against targets, employee development, retention and satisfaction;
· Provide cross functional leadership, working effectively with the internal team to deliver growth objectives;
· Identify, and develop new sales key accounts and distribution opportunities;
· Plan and direct the organization’s activities to achieve targets and standards for sales growth;
· Develop multiyear strategic account plans and annual business objectives for key customers and channels;
· Work directly with accounts receivable to ensure customer accounts are current;
· Enhance existing and establish new business relationships throughout the account organization and develop new strategic growth customers and channels;
· Review new accounts and work with the credit department to establish credit limits;
· Assist in creating and updating all sales programs and pricing, trade show allowances and resolve unauthorized account deductions;
· Establish sales dollar, product mix and distribution objectives;
· Resolve any major concerns for sales employees and customers while maintaining the best interests of the company;
· Develop and execute key account sales meetings / presentations for new product launches, line updates and regular business reviews;
· Report and analyze monthly sales to the President and the sales team;
· Manage and develop export business;
· Assist in the selection and management of external agencies to effectively distribute products in all channels;
· Assist in creating and maintaining agreed budgets;
· Assist in creating, implementing and training employees on training manuals for dealers and consumers;
· Manage, coordinate and review all customer contracts;
· Identify the sales force needs for personnel to efficiently deliver sales results,
· Develop and implement special sales drive or incentive programs (within budgets) as required to achieve planned / forecasted sales objectives;
· Assist in developing, implementing and overseeing all marketing projects – catalogue, trade show booth, commercials, ads, packaging, manuals, artwork; etc.
· Review media and customer relations programs and events;
· Participate in new product and accessories development initiatives;
· Work with HR as required;
· Other duties as assigned
How does your job impact with others?
Works daily with the office team, U.S. and Canadian Sales Reps, Marketing Specialist, Communications Manager, Sales Administrator, Senior Operations Manager, Controller and the President;
As required, with SVP Sales and Marketing, Engineering (R&D) and Human Resources
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other related field.
· Minimum of 7 - 10 years sales experience with at least 3 years of National Account sales management experience including managing independent and direct sales force.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Photoshop, desktop publishing and content management programs
· Previous exposure to SageX3 or other ERP systems would be an asset
· Related category and retail channel sales experience including selling consumer products within the sporting goods or outdoor major retailer channels.
· Leadership skills - ability to set direction and lead cross-functional teams
· Self-starter /high energy /results driven – track record of achieving/exceeding sales volume targets, etc.
· Demonstrated strong strategic and critical thinking and decision making skills.
· Strong hands-on orientation - ability to work independently or in cross-functional teams.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results through highly effective selling skills and the use/knowledge of category management/data-based selling tools.
· Excellent organizational skills – demonstrated time management and follow-through skills.
· Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills – ability to maintain strong relations with customers, proven ability to negotiate and influence desired outcomes.
Description of the Working Conditions:
· 70% Office Environment - Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
· 20% Travel
· 10% Shows Environments
· Must be willing to work any shift, extended hours and weekends.
Please email resumes to HR@excaliburcrossbow.com and reference the job title in the subject line of your email.