Excalibur Crossbow is seeking a Marketing Manager to be based out of our Kitchener, Ontario manufacturing facility. The Marketing Manager reports to the President of Excalibur and the VP of Sales & Marketing for Bowtech (our U.S. parent company) and works collaboratively with our Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams in Canada and the U.S. to support product sales.
We pride ourselves on producing a recurve crossbow of exceptional quality that is designed by crossbow hunters for use by crossbow hunters. Our product development team is continually striving to surpass the prior year’s success. We’re looking for a Marketing Manager who shares our passion for crossbows and can support us as we work to ignite that passion in potential customers.
This hands on role will require vision and creative thinking combined with the technical skills needed to execute. As a one person marketing department you create the vision, you turn the vision into a plan, and you get it done. You will have the support of outside resources and cross functional teams, but you will also have to roll up your sleeves.
As the Marketing Manager you will be required to create and manage a consistent messaging platform, story and distribution plan across all channels. Your ability to engage social media networks and your project management skills, effectively and efficiently managing resources and meeting deadlines, will contribute greatly to your success.
Specific Responsibilities of the role include:
- Establish the marketing strategy for the Excalibur business, develop annual marketing plans for the Excalibur business, and for the launch of new products
- Identify marketing opportunities with the greatest ROI that will achieve our business objectives
- Create and manage multi media marketing programs; establish consumer engagement KPIs and use them to assess program effectiveness
- Develop and manage the annual marketing budget
- Collaborate with Product Development team to build awareness of new products and launch dates; collaborate with Product Development and Purchasing to ensure that packaging and marketing collateral are available for launch
- Translate your knowledge of social and industry trends into innovative marketing ideas
- Explore, identify and exploit new ways of engaging social media networks to support the marketing strategy and drive sales
- Maintain functionality and appearance of websites, apps and email marketing platforms, integrate and maintain organized data collection, and optimize SEO, SEM and Social Graph information
- Develop both dealer oriented and customer oriented digital initiatives to increase sales
- Utilize graphic design skills to prepare marketing collateral (print, video, digital and promotional items), packaging, hang tags, labels, etc.
- Develop product and service training programs: feature/benefit/advantage training and product messaging, service and troubleshooting
- Source, coordinate and manage 3rd party vendors as needed (printers, videographers, creative agencies, manufacturers / distributors of promotional items, etc.)
- College diploma or university degree in marketing, graphic design or communications
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience is required. Marketing experience in the outdoor industry is preferred; archery industry experience is ideal.
- Product knowledge and experience are an asset and strongly preferred
- Experience setting the vision, developing a plan of action, and achieving the vision
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Proven ability to manage projects to a successful outcome, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Experience marketing through social media is required, including analytics and reporting
- Excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to collaborate cross functionally (Product Development, Purchasing, Operations, Sales)
- Ability to write effectively in plain language for a variety of delivery methods (print, web, video, scripts for in person demonstrations, etc.)
- Ability to shoot and edit video content would be an asset but is not required
- Excellent attention to detail. Proof reading skills are a must
- Experience with social media tools
- Proficient with Photoshop
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Power Point and Excel
- Ability to travel to the United States is required
In addition to a competitive salary, benefits and company sponsored retirement savings plant, we offer a casual work environment and the opportunity to work with a great group of people: our employees and our customers. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please forward your resume and cover letter.
Excalibur is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and its regulations, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.