Muzzy broadheads?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Muzzy broadheads?

Postby chris4570 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:47 pm

Just wondering what you guys have experienced with Muzzy broadheads. I'm thinking of getting some 125 gr heads. How well have they shot with your xbows? Accuracy?
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
chris4570

Postby GA.crossbowhunt » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:54 pm

yep i can say that they fly great on my xbolts. i have used muzzys when i first started hunting with a barnett comando crossbow a few years ago before i got my exomag. so far i am 1 for 1 with them they fly great and cut a nice little hole in your game for a nice blood trail for you to follow. just remember to get two packs of blades you hunt with broad heads so pratice with broad heads and have a spare set for your hunting :D :D
GA.crossbowhunt

Postby buckeye » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:34 pm

I use the 100 grain muzzys and they fly real close to field points. Allways had great penetration with them and good blood trail. Don't think you can go wrong with them.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
buckeye

muzzy

Postby terry-1 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:48 pm

I shot the muzzy 4 blade 100grs the past two seasons takeing several bucks and a few does and wildhogs with them. They left a great bloodtrail and I watched over half the deer fall in sight of my stand after lung hits which makes tracking pretty easy. With goldtip bolts I shot around 2" groups at 25 yards. I like them, but I and shooting sonics this season since my friend who owns the proshop here quit carrying muzzys this year.I try to buy what he has in stock so the money goes into his pocket instead of someone else I don't know.
terry-1

Return to Crossbow Hunting