Excalibur Phoenix vs Ten Point

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Phoenix vs Ten Point

Postby Captainjack40 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:58 pm

I own a Ten Point Crossbow and it is great but way too heavy. I am thinking of buying an Excalibur Phoenix. Would appreciate comments. Thanks.
Captainjack40

Postby DesertRat » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:13 pm

Do it!
ImageImageImage
DesertRat

Postby A.W » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:24 pm

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
A.W

tenpoint

Postby terry-1 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:35 pm

I bought a horton crossbow first year I crossbow hunted. I then bought a top of the line ten-point second season and it was very,very nice and shot well much better than the horton I owned. I sold it for one main reason, The weight was bad over 10lbs setup with scope and acc draw on my digital fish scales.I have had the same Exocet for several seasons and the next crossbow I buy will a excalibur too if this one ever wears out.
terry-1

Postby wabi » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:42 pm

Had a chance to shoot a TenPoint this morning. He had it equipped with an Aimpoint sight. A very expensive, high quality setup for sure! Great accuracy, very fast, very good trigger, just a great crossbow........
BUT.... I like the quality & simplicity of my Phoenix better!
The TenPoint has a few features I like better (the scope mount looks to be more solid) and a few features I like less (the anti-dryfire mechanism screwed up when I tried it the first shot and he had to re-latch the string to get it to load & fire). I'm sure the TenPoint is one of the best out there, but Excalibur is just as good (IMHO) and a lot less $$$$$, plus (my opinion again :wink: ) a lot more user friendly as far a operation & service!
wabi
wabi

Postby diesel » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:07 pm

Excalibur all the way. Ten point is a great bow but to manny extras on it. What happend to Wabi happend to my Brother inlaw while he was hunting. So he did not get a shot off. Now the Ten point just sets there and he takes his Horton.
Excalibur is much more user friendly light has the best trigger and my two cent the best crossbow on the market.
diesel

Postby speedball » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:52 pm

What happens when the dry fire mechanisim is doing that is the person cocking the crossbow puts the safety on safe which makes the bow not cock all the way and catch on the dry-fire mechanism, which has happened to me once till i learned to cock it in "fire" which puts the bow in correct position, dry-fire feature is good with those compounds cause they would have a bad day if it really dry-fires, both crossbows are GREAT they just are different ive owned both and i currently shoot the older 185lb stealth x-2, but i can shoot anytime i want the 200 exocet and i just prefer the Ten-Point maybe cause i'm personal freinds with the plant manager there...speedball.............. :D :D
gone huntin never to return................
speedball

Return to Crossbow Hunting