Late October and into November 2012 ... a few pictures .

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Late October and into November 2012 ... a few pictures .

Postby R.J. » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello all … Hope everyone is having a good season !

I have read many great successful hunt stories and have seen some awesome field pictures as well !

If I missed anybody > just want to take a minuet to say congrat's to all the successful hunters !

After the first week of bow season , things got real busy , and I didn't get out that much …

As things got colder in October , the yearly mouse round up was under way as the little critters tried to get in every nook and cranny ( a seasonal thing when you live in a rural setting ! )

As we headed into the last few weeks of October , I finished a few last minuet projects that my wife had on the list ( new floor and toilet in the front bathroom , and started stripping the back bathroom ) … that's as far as I got and as far as I'm going now the season is in full swing !

My daughter moved out last spring for school , but misses the farm > she stopped by to visit and grab one of my buck mounts to put up in her apartment …

Out scouting , I happened apon a young porcupine , and got a few cool pictures of the encounter !

When the colder weather started , and the moon phase was awesome for deer activity ( Late Oct / Early Nov ) > Big buck movement increased and some mature bucks started making mistakes as the rut kicked in ...Here is a beauty buck that Doug M. took with a carved limbed Excalibur Exocet !

As we moved into the first few days of the November Shotgun hunt , some other nice bucks bit the dust … Here are a couple cell phone pictures sent to me from Jessie N. and Vic R . , and I tagged on a small cell phone picture forwarded to me from Wylie H. of a Monster 8 point taken in the Pushlinch area .

ImageImage

For the first time in approx 25 years , I was working during the first week of the shotgun hunt > I was on afternoon shift , but was able to get out a few mornings with Randy S. and his two sons ( Joe and Rob ) … Here is a picture of Randy and Rob crossing the field after a push .. We moved a few does on drives , and I got a few pictures .

Then Randy's son Rob ( who is newly licenced and has only been out with us a few days ) took a beauty 12 point buck at one of my favorite properties that has produced for us over and over again , year after year …. How's that for a first whitetail !!

Again > Conrat's to all > Keep the stories and pictures coming !
Last edited by R.J. on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Re: Late October and into November 2012 ... a few pictures .

Postby lscha » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 pm

WOW! Great pics!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
lscha

Postby Doe Master » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 am

Great pictures once again Rick . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Doe Master

Postby maple » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 am

What dandy deer!!! Love the pictures. Thanks!

Tell Rob he might as well quit now, as he's already taken his deer of a lifetime. Congratulations!!

PS. I like the way you positioned the mouse's leg for that perfect photo. Well done on all of 'em Rick.
maple

Postby wabi » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 am

Good to hear from you Rick!
At least if you aren't getting in much deer hunting the trapline is successful. :lol: :lol:
wabi
wabi

Postby sumner4991 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 am

Awesome! Nice mass on those bucks and I liked the second pic of the porkie best of the three.

Always enjoy seeing your pictures!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
sumner4991

Postby mr meat » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Wow! Congrats to all!!!
vixen 11
exoct 175
exocet 200
matrix 355

BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
mr meat

Postby roly » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Great pic's like always RJ

Man you guys are scoring some nice bucks!

That looks like a P/Y mouse.
roly

Postby j.krug » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Some great pics as always RJ. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
j.krug

Postby R.J. » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks all ...

Yep the mouse trap line has been a huge success this season ! :lol: And that is exactly "how he lay" when I pulled open the drawer ! > Was thinking I might get one mounted like that !

The porqupine pic's were a treat > I like to get unusal pictures of critters I don't see every day ... There eyesight is poor and when I walked up on him he gave me the evil eye as he tried to focus on me , which made for a comical picture !

And yep some real nice bucks reported down in our surounding area ... it has been a good year for mature bucks so far !

That small cell phone picture that Wylie H. sent me of a buck taken in the Pushlinch area is a real " Monster " :shock:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Postby vixenmaster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Great pics some great deer congrats to those who got'em. Thx fer sharin wid us
Kong Strong Fast n Deadly 405

Marie Laveau Matrix 355, 361 fps

Banshee Mission MXB320 329 fps

vixenmasters strings
Spitfire BH's & others
vixenmaster

Return to Crossbow Hunting