Bite the Bullett(Arrow???)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bite the Bullett(Arrow???)

Postby FNARSCOT » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:40 am

Well went to the shop today and bit the bullet/Arrow and plunked down my hard earned cash for a C2 Crank cocker($145) all I can say is WOW what a fine little tool. Solid as a rock ,easy to use and slick as a button The hand cocker was kicking my butt. My son (9)and I share our 380 matrix and I was the one cocking for both of us. With blown discs in my back all the fun was sucked right out of a great bow . Hell with this he can cock it himself and I can shoot till I am 90 at least :D I got a 6 pack of Diablo's while I was there because I will be wearing this thing out. Excalibur you make some fine stuff. I spend lots of money on my weapons every year and have found that high price won't always get you high quality. In the case of all the Excalibur products I am proud to say everything I have bought from you has been well worth every penny and your customer service is bar none one of the best!!Dan Miller has answered any question I have ever had and then some. Thanks for a great product keep it up .You have a customer for like.
Scot
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
FNARSCOT

Re: Bite the Bullett(Arrow???)

Postby Limbs and Sticks » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Well said.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered 2114s, 350gr
Magnus stingers
Limbs and Sticks

Postby Mo wannabe » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Yep x2
Matrix 380 Blackout
Aka Old Blk Betty
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Mo wannabe

Postby DaveShooter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 pm

FNARSCOT wrote:Well went to the shop today and bit the bullet/Arrow and plunked down my hard earned cash for a C2 Crank cocker($145) all I can say is WOW what a fine little tool. Solid as a rock ,easy to use and slick as a button The hand cocker was kicking my butt. My son (9)and I share our 380 matrix and I was the one cocking for both of us. With blown discs in my back all the fun was sucked right out of a great bow . Hell with this he can cock it himself and I can shoot till I am 90 at least :D I got a 6 pack of Diablo's while I was there because I will be wearing this thing out. Excalibur you make some fine stuff. I spend lots of money on my weapons every year and have found that high price won't always get you high quality. In the case of all the Excalibur products I am proud to say everything I have bought from you has been well worth every penny and your customer service is bar none one of the best!!Dan Miller has answered any question I have ever had and then some. Thanks for a great product keep it up .You have a customer for like.
Scot
Just keep an eye on the line or string that is threaded or put through the handle or spool holes if it starts to fray or shows weak spot or point -cut off bad area and re-knot the thread or line and you should be fine.
I had my line break on me twice due to burrs around hole areas in crank handle and spool holes where line comes through so I de-burred mine and replaced line
no problems so far still keep an eye on those areas and if any weak or fray looking spots on line I do the cut off and re knot. May want to order an extra string or line for your c2 they really are a fine unit for sure. :D
DaveShooter

Postby FNARSCOT » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

I have read about the burrs around the string holes .Thanks for reminding me. I took a quick look at mine and it looked ok ,Is it a burr or is the edge of the hole sharp? I might take a file and break the edge them polish it as a preventive measure. I already planed on a extra string and might change it every year or so as cheap insurance .Anybody know what kind of string they use? looks like braided fishing line but what test. Would be nice to get a roll and just cut to length. Would be cheaper in bulk. Maybe one of you string guys would know. Also anybody ever wax the string on their crank cocker? I figure why not It can't hurt and might help.
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
FNARSCOT

Postby DaveShooter » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:11 pm

FNARSCOT wrote:I have read about the burrs around the string holes .Thanks for reminding me. I took a quick look at mine and it looked ok ,Is it a burr or is the edge of the hole sharp? I might take a file and break the edge them polish it as a preventive measure. I already planed on a extra string and might change it every year or so as cheap insurance .Anybody know what kind of string they use? looks like braided fishing line but what test. Would be nice to get a roll and just cut to length. Would be cheaper in bulk. Maybe one of you string guys would know. Also anybody ever wax the string on their crank cocker? I figure why not It can't hurt and might help.
I took a case pocket steel or anything you may have to knock off any sharp or burred edge will work. You won't need to file hardly any at all just make sure the holes are smooth is all so they won't cut or fray your line. I think I heard it is about a 600 lb test line or better please don't hold me to that 600 lb #. Danny Miller @#740-483-2312 or Peter @ Excal # could tell ya for sure. I too am checking around for products that are strong as steel but the same dia as the line that is on the crank. There was a fellow on the forum here whom was looking at several different line types one was amsteel that I think is used in Marine or boating. And another was the real paracord not the fake stuff and climbing store line product. Good idea on a back-up extra spare line. I had to take an 1/2 an " off my line last-nite. I have also waxed mine just to be safe. Sure it doesn't hurt too. It really is a very well made unit for the money. I use mine when my back and arms start to hurt from using the other excel rope cocking aid. :D
DaveShooter

Return to Crossbow Hunting