Shoot-thru netting . Ill advised?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

Shoot-thru netting . Ill advised?

Post by Arrowflinger » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Just wondering. I have a ground blind (Ameristep) , whereas the windows are made of a camouflaged net that manufacturer says u can shoot thru . I'm wary of that . Has anyone or does anyone attempt a shot thru that netting. Definitely seems as though something could go wrong . I not even sure If I could make myself do that ,just wondering if anybody does that with success. Thanks for your replies.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR

bigbowman

Re: Shoot-thru netting . Ill advised?

Post by bigbowman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:21 pm

I used to when I used fixed blade Broadheads, but now I only shoot mechanical broadheads so I won’t shoot them thru the screens. I never had any problems when I did and no it never effected the accuracy from my crossbow. Just brush your blind in really good and put the screens down. Good luck!
Vixen II
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
Black Eagle Executioners
NuFletch Archery "Ignitor" Lighted Nocks
NAP Spitfires, Wac 'Em, and Shwackers

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:13 pm

I shoot spitfire heads (not newer heads, have had them for a while). I tested them through the screens because I could not see the arrow flying true after going through the screen. Out to 40 yards I had zero change in impact. That really surprised me.

I do recommend that if you plan on shooting through the screen, you should test it first.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]

hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:51 am

I don't use the netting I take it down because I can't see well enough through it .also range finders won't work through it .

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:23 am

hunter with MS wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:51 am
I don't use the netting I take it down because I can't see well enough through it .also range finders won't work through it .

X2
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

rossh

Post by rossh » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 am

X3
Slightly past my best before date .But still having fun . K.I.S.S . Made in Canada
Exocet 165#

catclr

Post by catclr » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Like stated above, only with fixed blade broadheads. Yes a ranger finder does not work with the screen.

I don't use the screens, but when hunting out of any ground blind that has the black inside, do these two things and you will be less seen by animals, ONE-----DO NOT have any windows open behind you, and TWO----wear BLACK CLOTHING on any part of you above the window level. So a black sweatshirt, gloves, hat, and facemask will make a big difference. With the black clothing you blend into the inside of the blind.
Matrix 355
DM Quiver Mount
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup 4x4 Kocker w/AMSTEEL Rope
nchunterkw, davesonic444 strings
X-ACT 100 gr.
TRAUMA 100 gr.
FIXpandable 100 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP Shafts
Nufletch Ignitor's

Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks guys for all the input. I may just give it a whirl with my Boltcutters.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR