Coon Fight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Coon Fight

Post by vixenmaster » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 am

We had us good Donnybrook at the Feeder this mornin. Half growed coon were in the live trap, every time i tried to get my fingers to open the door. Either the coon tried to bite me n or my Abby tried to tear the door off to get at the coon. I gotstid the door open the coon comes out n runs up my left leg i kicked off jus long enuff fer it to come back up almost to my waist. Abby grabbed in in the middle n the fight was on. They were shakin the leaves, my Josey Pie got in a few snipes on the coon, then she went over by the Feeder to let the other 2 girls have the fun. Abby was shakin it like a rag doll n would toss it up in the air. When it hit the groung it either was goin after Gussy or Abby clawin n bitin. I was gonna video it but that leg climbin threw me into a protection mode :lol: Well after a few min's of good play wid her new friend Abby jus crushed its chest in her jaws n ended the play time
crossbowcrossroads.com/forum/index
Marie Laveau Voodoo Queen Matrix 360 Captain Morgan Micro Nitemare 335
Pipsqueak Hybrid Micro/Matrix 135 lb 235 fps
Captain Jack Sparrow Custom Micro 355
vixenmasterstrings@yahoo.com 417-505-9315

xcaliber

Re: Coon Fight

Post by xcaliber » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Good times so long as the coon doesn't get a good scratch on the dog! :wink:
Matrix 355 (Trixxi) Redfield Revenge 2.5 Trigger Tech
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Nikon Bolt XR Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Zulu Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Hoyt Spyder 34 (Black Magic)

Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 pm

That would stir your blood the coon on leg lol :lol:
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string

wheelie

Post by wheelie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Biggest fight I ever heard was two coons fighting at night. The screams sounded like babies in pain. Put a flashlite at the tree and they would stop fighting then when the flashlite went out they would start fighting again. I will never forget the sound. At least not till dementia arrives that is. :lol: CHEERS!

8ball

Post by 8ball » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:29 pm

vixenmaster wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 am
We had us good Donnybrook at the Feeder this mornin. Half growed coon were in the live trap, every time i tried to get my fingers to open the door. Either the coon tried to bite me n or my Abby tried to tear the door off to get at the coon. I gotstid the door open the coon comes out n runs up my left leg i kicked off jus long enuff fer it to come back up almost to my waist. Abby grabbed in in the middle n the fight was on. They were shakin the leaves, my Josey Pie got in a few snipes on the coon, then she went over by the Feeder to let the other 2 girls have the fun. Abby was shakin it like a rag doll n would toss it up in the air. When it hit the groung it either was goin after Gussy or Abby clawin n bitin. I was gonna video it but that leg climbin threw me into a protection mode :lol: Well after a few min's of good play wid her new friend Abby jus crushed its chest in her jaws n ended the play time
Did you have to change your fruit of the looms?

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Naw but i had rather use a baseball bat than my hand. Less damage to me :lol:
crossbowcrossroads.com/forum/index
Marie Laveau Voodoo Queen Matrix 360 Captain Morgan Micro Nitemare 335
Pipsqueak Hybrid Micro/Matrix 135 lb 235 fps
Captain Jack Sparrow Custom Micro 355
vixenmasterstrings@yahoo.com 417-505-9315

Goose52

Post by Goose52 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:09 am

My old hunting pard was always up for a challenge or a tussle and when we hunted marshy terrain off corn fields for pheasants we'd run into coon burrowed under the moguls. I think he liked fightin coon more than shooting birds n his dog must have too cuz he found way more than my lab did. One time they got into a big one and it ripped up his waders and he wound up beating it down with his shotgun. idk which had me laughing harder back at the truck- his ruined $200 waders n wet clothes or the huge crack running the length of his gun stock. :lol:
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Illuminated Quills
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE