New shooting bench

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

New shooting bench

Post by BrotherRon » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:06 pm

We expanded at work last winter and added a new line to our factory. They recently added 7 rows of racking for storage of painted parts, apron chains, hydraulic hoses... ect. We had over 20 pallets of 6" x 36" treated pine boards piled 12' high for shelves and there was about a half a pallet that were 1/4" too short. I was told to take them outside to the free pile where they put old pallets, boxes that chain come in, and other misc wood for employee's to take. So at noon break I went outside and loaded them into my truck before someone else spotted them. :lol:
Tonight I finished building a shooting bench/table, and tomorrow I will build a couple small benches for sitting on while shooting or just sitting around the fire. This weekend I will be hauling them to the hunting cabin. Since it is all treated lumber I won't mind leaving them sit outside. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310/330 Snuffy II~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~TT~Tombstone Case.
36" All Weather Tactical Case. Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver
Strings by Boo ~ 8ptbuk..
http://www.freewebs.com/kingdomushers/
Matthew 25:50 & 51

janesy

Re: New shooting bench

Post by janesy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Good score. I just built a 6 ' high elevated permanent stand 7' x 6' inside measurements made 95% from our cull pile. Basically a garden shed on stilts lol. Even the camo green stain on the outside was a mistint from the paint department.

I built and assembled it entirely in the wood shop and then disassembled it into sections, delivered them into the woods yesterday. Will be re assembling it on Saturday. I'll have to hand cut the roof on site.

Perks of a lumberyard I suppose. But in all honesty, it's not for me to sit in. I'm hoping the brood of young kids around the store will be able to utilize it to generate hunting interest over the next decade. My boss has two boys around 10, my son is 3. And we constantly have people telling us they would love to come out some time, but don't know where to start. So this might be the ticket. Otherwise, it was a fun project. I've possitioned it over a bedding and water source. Its tag named " the gallery".
Matrix 355 (sold :( )
Micro-Mod 360
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

Normous

Post by Normous » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 pm

It is a real pleasure to have a home made shooting bench and you may have more shooting visitors/friends now that your going to build one from scratch.
EXCALFFLICTION Since 1991 ->>------------> 2017
Matrix Blackout 405 & 355 for Her
Kustom Krug Micro 355
Leupold VX-R 2-7 Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Yes, there are perks to being in the right department. I know exactly what is put out in the free pile and load up what I want during lunch break. Everyone else waits until after work to see whats there. I have a whole trailer full of 4 x 4 and 6 x 6 anywhere from 4' to 12' long. Some of it comes between stacks of steel sheets, some between bundles of tube steel, and most of the 6 x 6 ones are on the bottom of the load and the truckers don't want to haul them back so they throw them off the truck and I stash them in a special pile in the ware house... every few weeks I load up my truck after work. :wink:
Matrix 310/330 Snuffy II~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~TT~Tombstone Case.
36" All Weather Tactical Case. Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver
Strings by Boo ~ 8ptbuk..
http://www.freewebs.com/kingdomushers/
Matthew 25:50 & 51