Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
paulaboutform
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:35 pm

I really can't fault someone wanting to try the wheelies. They're crossbows. If you like them and can afford them, have at it and have fun. I have a few excals and a wheeled Frankenbow and a Stryker Offspring. They all have their merrits and drawbacks. They're also all fun to shoot. Go get your Mission and have fun with it. :wink:

Paul

User avatar
bellerivercrossbowhunter
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:56 pm
Location: Belleriver Ontario

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by bellerivercrossbowhunter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:47 pm

paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:35 pm
I really can't fault someone wanting to try the wheelies. They're crossbows. If you like them and can afford them, have at it and have fun. I have a few excals and a wheeled Frankenbow and a Stryker Offspring. They all have their merrits and drawbacks. They're also all fun to shoot. Go get your Mission and have fun with it. :wink:

Paul
Too late. The devil bow has me tapped out..lol
Scorpyd death stalkerr (aka; devil bow), Black Micro Bulldog 355 BOO custom string, Spynal Tapp Arrows, Grim reaper broadheads ,Hawke optics.


I live to hunt and hunt to live. I am a meat eater!!!

paulaboutform
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 pm

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:47 pm
paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:35 pm
I really can't fault someone wanting to try the wheelies. They're crossbows. If you like them and can afford them, have at it and have fun. I have a few excals and a wheeled Frankenbow and a Stryker Offspring. They all have their merrits and drawbacks. They're also all fun to shoot. Go get your Mission and have fun with it. :wink:

Paul
Too late. The devil bow has me tapped out..lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Normous
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario.

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by Normous » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:47 pm
Too late. The devil bow has me tapped out..lol
LIAR. :mrgreen:
- I have a wish list of bows I'd like to see made. Lol
Number one is a Blackout bull dog in the 350fps range. That would get me excited and I might hit the buy it now button on one if it becomes reality.. :)"
EXCALFFLICTION Since 1991 ->>------------> 2017
Matrix Blackout 405 & 355 for Her
Kustom Krug Micro 355
Leupold VX-R 2-7 Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 10940
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by Boo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Normous wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:47 pm
Too late. The devil bow has me tapped out..lol
LIAR. :mrgreen:
- I have a wish list of bows I'd like to see made. Lol
Number one is a Blackout bull dog in the 350fps range. That would get me excited and I might hit the buy it now button on one if it becomes reality.. :)"
Norm, Jeff is going to be like a pulling on it's leash towards a female in heat come January. I think you should borrow one of your Dad's dog harness :mrgreen:
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Correct a fool and he'll hate you, Correct a wise man he'll thank you!
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

User avatar
Normous
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario.

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by Normous » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 pm

:lol: I might have to borrow that studded choke collar too.
EXCALFFLICTION Since 1991 ->>------------> 2017
Matrix Blackout 405 & 355 for Her
Kustom Krug Micro 355
Leupold VX-R 2-7 Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 10940
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by Boo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Normous wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 pm
:lol: I might have to borrow that studded choke collar too.
Hmmm, seem to me that I got sucked in as well! Well, there's room on the wall for another 3 or 4 bows, then I wear the prong collar :mrgreen:
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Correct a fool and he'll hate you, Correct a wise man he'll thank you!
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

paulaboutform
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Boo wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 pm
Normous wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 pm
:lol: I might have to borrow that studded choke collar too.
Hmmm, seem to me that I got sucked in as well! Well, there's room on the wall for another 3 or 4 bows, then I wear the prong collar :mrgreen:
Don, I've seen your collection. You're well beyond the prong collar....I think the only option now is neutering. :shock: :lol:

Paul

foofoo
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by foofoo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 pm

BIG CLAIMS.so if it doesnt shoot sub 1inch DO you get your money back or a new crossbow. :lol:

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 10940
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by Boo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:27 pm

foofoo wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 pm
BIG CLAIMS.so if it doesnt shoot sub 1inch DO you get your money back or a new crossbow. :lol:
You get a ruler with wider spacing :mrgreen:
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Correct a fool and he'll hate you, Correct a wise man he'll thank you!
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

User avatar
Czy_Horse
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:28 am
Location: SW Ontario

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by Czy_Horse » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 am

My first Excalibur is still quite capable of killing most of the North American game animals we hunt. It's now 30 years old. I used the Wolverine for 22 seasons before I bought my Exocet 200. The only maintenance it got was a new string, a bit of wax and a couple drops of oil at the start of each season. I had the Wolverine out for its annual round of 3D in late August, slow but still hits where I aim.

I had a look at the Mission Sub 1, then checked out the warranty "All warranty claims are processed through an Authorized Mission Crossbow Retailer . . . . . . Authorized Mathews Retailers may charge for service work that accompanies warranty fulfillment.", now that's standing behind, way behind your product.

I'll be able to pull the Wolverine out in 20 years and it will still work just like it did 20 years ago, wonder how many Mission Sub 1's will still be around?
1987 Wolverine
2015 Matrix 380 Xtra
2016 Matrix 380 Lynx
2017 Micro Suppressor 'SusieQ'

User avatar
bellerivercrossbowhunter
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:56 pm
Location: Belleriver Ontario

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by bellerivercrossbowhunter » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 am

I seen a picture of it next to a micro. Makes the micro look Big. OK it has my full attention. I'll be checking it out in January just for fun.. Lol
Scorpyd death stalkerr (aka; devil bow), Black Micro Bulldog 355 BOO custom string, Spynal Tapp Arrows, Grim reaper broadheads ,Hawke optics.


I live to hunt and hunt to live. I am a meat eater!!!

User avatar
xcaliber
Posts: 8633
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by xcaliber » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:33 am

Watched some videos on YouTube, Hmmm. :lol: :lol:
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Nikon Bolt XR Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Crossbones. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
My own Killer Strings and Arrows.

User avatar
mikej
Posts: 5655
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:38 pm
Location: ontario

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by mikej » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am

Still have my first Excalibur an Exocet 165 and it still shoots like the day it was new , can't ask for much more as far as reliability goes
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective

User avatar
Normous
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario.

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by Normous » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 am

The way I see it, if you want a wheeled bow, the Scorpyd Death Stalker with do everything better, looks deadly, shoots faster, has a lighter overall weight, better balance and certainly priced much better at $850 usd.
I'll take two DS's over 1 Mission Sub. :mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION Since 1991 ->>------------> 2017
Matrix Blackout 405 & 355 for Her
Kustom Krug Micro 355
Leupold VX-R 2-7 Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 45 guests