Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

Re: Is the Mission Sub 1 giving Excal a run for its money?

Post by hunter with MS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Don't know why I just double posted Sorry .

joel0711

Post by joel0711 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 pm

My Excal is 'bout 17yrs old,,,good as day 1 no need to trade away!

sproulman

Post by sproulman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:33 pm

hunter with MS wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:31 pm
The only other Crossbow I am looking at is the Parker Concorde it is cocked and uncocked with the push of a button powered by co2 . It can be cocked in 2 seconds . The only reason I am looking into it is because it is getting harder for me to cock the Excaliburs I do have with the rope or cranker and the price of it went down a ton and at this point I really don't care about the weight of it as I don't shoot with out a stand anyway gone are the days of shooting off hand and walking any distance
PARKER bows are big sellers in my area of pa.....You get a lot for your money..

SEW

Post by SEW » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Using side-by-side slow-motion video with a competitor’s crossbow for comparison, Mission demonstrated how Controlled Acceleration results in a cleaner, smoother, straighter string release compared to a design with no letoff, where the sudden application of maximum draw force results in significant string oscillation that diminishes accuracy.

Let's just think for a minute! My M405(#290) is as accurate as any compound xbow I've ever shot. @100 yds under benchrest conditions, it can 3-shot group 1 1/2" as can my M380 and BD400. No other mainstream xbow hits the arrow instantaneously with 290# that I know about. Yet, I know of none more accurate than the Excal's that hit the arrow with no letoff.

Yes, I agree that the Mission statement seems to be perfectly logical; however, how does a person explain the unbelievable accuracy of even the higher poundage Excals?

Without question, I'd like a Sub-1 but I enjoy remaining married even more.

georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 pm

If the Mission bow is so great why come on Excal's forum to hype it up :?:
Let it succeed or fail based on its merits. Let the Mission people do their on advertising.
If I want a crossbow with wheels I'll buy one and join their forum.
Excalibur is as much worried about Mission bows as they were about Middletons. :roll:
Your obviously just trying to stir the pot and it's a testament to Excalibur that your trolling thread hasn't been deleted.
Matrix 350LE ( Vader )
Vixen II ( Thumper )
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"

SEW

Post by SEW » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:20 pm

georgiaboy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 pm
If the Mission bow is so great why come on Excal's forum to hype it up :?:
Let it succeed or fail based on its merits. Let the Mission people do their on advertising.
If I want a crossbow with wheels I'll buy one and join their forum.
Excalibur is as much worried about Mission bows as they were about Middletons. :roll:
Your obviously just trying to stir the pot and it's a testament to Excalibur that your trolling thread hasn't been deleted.
Absolutely. Excellent points!

However, I think that Peter and others realize that some of the advertising points, one of which I quoted in the post before yours, will be challenged, refuted and proven wrong. The Excal's launchs are the hardest in the industry; yet, no compound xbow has proven to be more accurate than Excaliburs. So, what seems like a valid argument seems w/o foundation.

Unfortunately, many will jump on this bandwagon of "the latest and the greatest". A 29 year old young man who looks to me for guidance (like getting a M380 /Optimizer/2-7 Zeiss Terra 2 years and multiple deer ago including a 170"+ typical) called and asked what he should ask for his M380 since he was getting a Sub-1. 20 minutes later, he thanked me for talking him into keeping the M380. Said that he just caught up in the moment.

Personally, I didn't go with Excalibur iot stay on the merry go around of continuing to switch out crossbows. I'm very content after years of ownership.

sproulman

Post by sproulman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:33 pm

EXCAL looks like bow others do not ..For us recurve instinctive former hunters its a MUST that crossbow looks and feels like bow ..ONLY reason I bought a Excalibur along with string change,warranty and great advice you get here..

Day Excalibur changes to machine with wheels is when I will look elsewhere for bow..

Species8472

Post by Species8472 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:21 pm

ArcheryAddict wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 pm
But Excal don't look like a bow, it's got a rifle stock on it
If you examine the historical record you would quickly see that simple crossbows such as Excalibur predate long guns by thousands of years. What that means is that your statement is actually backwards. Rifles actually have crossbow stocks.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:23 am

I'm a huge Excalibur fan and have been here a few years now. I've made dear friends from this forum and they can all attest to my love of Excaliburs. I've also begun shooting my 'Frankenbow' which is a compound crossbow with a machined Exomax mainframe and Vixen stock...and trigger tech trigger. Will I give up my excals? NO. Do I love my Frankenbow? Yes. Will excals continue to have their place in the market? Of course....so will compound crossbows. Does a great bow, recurve limbed or wheelie, put the other in danger of collapse? Of course not. We're all crossbow enthusiasts, hunters and shooters. Let's support each other rather than try to be superior or tear the others down. It's a given that excals are crazy accurate and the simplicity and ease of tuning is amazing. Period. They're also light, tough and look great.
Now, my Frankenbow is deadly accurate as many can attest from the Boofest 100. It balances beautifully, cocks like a Vixen (or lighter), and can launch a 440 grain arrow over 390fps...and is extremely reliable. I'm surpassing the 405 and bulldog 400 with less than half the cocking effort. This is amazing to me and I still love my highly customized Matrix 420.
My point in all this is that there's room for them all. I'd love to add a Ravin and a couple Scorpyds to the collection...but still wouldn't give up my excals. This thread, to me, is taking on the whole elitist attitude I've seen for so many years between traditional and compound shooters...both sides. Btw, most of them seem to hate all crossbows regardless of which type. Just wanted to throw my two bits into the pot.

Paul

Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Boo wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:39 pm
ArcheryAddict wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 pm
Why do you dang your bow from your treestand is that a Canadian thing? I could hunt with it pretty easy without messing something up. It's smaller, faster, quieter and way easier to cock and uncork than my Suppressor is. At the rate that cracked micro limbs keep coming up on here it would more than likely last longer Niger too. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is your post from CBN and you admit that you are trolling. I think you're trying to get this thread deleted so you can whine and complain about something. Just a guess.
http://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/excalibur-forum-censorship.57521/
smong2000
smong2000
Market Place Seller
No Bigbowman, surprisingly that one was left up and a post that I made after that refuting some claims about timing issues and string changes was removed. I thought the post you quoted was more negative than the second but in the second I posted actual data from my logbook on my string and cable changeover frequency and the shot history on the Mission bow. Also that it took a nose dive from a 15 foot ladder with no ill effects and was fired once with crank cocker still attached with minimal damage that was repaired/replaced at no charge in 2 or 3 days. Kind of hit me wrong when all the talking points keep getting brought up about simplicity and reliability and how hard it is to keep a compound operating and that they are so fragile.

I guess it's all good and looking at that post I did take a solid shot at Excalibur and they have the guts to leave it up so I shouldn't complain and was wrong to do so. They are a GREAT company, best warranty in the industry and make some rock solid bows but do have some issues where they are pushing the envelope. That thread was basically a troll and it's still there which is a credit to their confidence and integrity.
Not sure why you are bringing up a post of mine, I am not AA nor am I interested in Excalibur anymore. I did my thing with Excal and got burnt, then got ticked off, wrote about it and apologized for offending you zealots. Please leave me out of this discussion.

sproulman

Post by sproulman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Lot locally are buying PARKER BOWS..My neighbor mad at me shot his bow 20 times and second set of limbs split badly..its micro 335 ..Sad he does not talk to me now and his wife gives me that buggy eye look..lol.. :shock:

not rec bows no more to anyone .. :lol:

back to topic.. :wink:

EXCAL to me look like bow ..I had wheel thing and it just did not look like bow...As long as excal has great warranty I will stay...

Trust me the AIR BOW will be next hot item going in future its going to happen...Most will buy it for sure..

Too bad excal cannot get places like DUNHAMS to keep them in stock you would not believe the people looking for crossbow and none available in store before christmas....Only 1 excal was hanging in store with 50 barnetts and it was demo model..

76chevy

Post by 76chevy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:05 pm

I won't give up the excal to get one. No appeal to me.

76chevy

Post by 76chevy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:16 pm

my dunhams in Indiana only has the Grizzly
sproulman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:36 pm
Lot locally are buying PARKER BOWS..My neighbor mad at me shot his bow 20 times and second set of limbs split badly..its micro 335 ..Sad he does not talk to me now and his wife gives me that buggy eye look..lol.. :shock:

not rec bows no more to anyone .. :lol:

back to topic.. :wink:

EXCAL to me look like bow ..I had wheel thing and it just did not look like bow...As long as excal has great warranty I will stay...

Trust me the AIR BOW will be next hot item going in future its going to happen...Most will buy it for sure..

Too bad excal cannot get places like DUNHAMS to keep them in stock you would not believe the people looking for crossbow and none available in store before christmas....Only 1 excal was hanging in store with 50 barnetts and it was demo model..

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:38 pm

I can understand the Recurve n the Topic Thread should have ran its course by now. Open minded is good on crossbows or most of us would not be bowhuntin today. I like some of the Compound Crossbows n i like some of the Recurve Excal models. Remember don't take offense when ppl. have a diff opinion on crossbows n models
crossbowcrossroads.com/forum/
Marie Laveau Voodoo Queen Matrix 360 Utahraptor Scorpyd DS
Pipsqueak Hybrid Micro/Matrix 135 lb 235 fps Banshee MXB320
Captain Jack Sparrow Custom Micro 355
[email protected] 417-505-9315

NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 am

I own a Sub-1 and I know one thing for sure. My Bulldog 380 ain't goin nowhere. :wink: :lol:
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ