Another Micro limb question?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Another Micro limb question?

Post by sproulman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:39 pm

At camp we have a lot of micro 335 with gen 1 riser..Funny 1 member is on his second limbs right one bro again and he hardly shoots..Like 10 shots on 1st limbs and 10 on second limbs..Both sets bro while he had bow on his back or sitting on ground waiting for deer..tink,tink.tink then snap.....he has regular factory string on it..

excal sent him new riser ..

Anyone have idea why some break others do not?I am on 100 shots with mine and no problems gen 1 ?

MicroMan355

Re: Another Micro limb question?

Post by MicroMan355 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:30 pm

My 355's been bullet proof, so far! Do have a spare set for insurance. Just in case. :wink:

foofoo

Post by foofoo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:47 pm

if you have an issue with a GEN 1 just a hunch but check the limb recoil strap allen screws. i have mine hair over barely snug.i think if you tighten them down too much it puts too much energy on the back side of the limb at that spot. Excalibur sent me a spacer and new bolts so you cant overtighten those scews. i believe a slight gap and spacer is how the newer models come now along with a relieved riser angle. i love my Gen 1 :mrgreen:

janesy

Post by janesy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 am

The modified micro riser, ( not gen2) has I little more of a radius at the on of the pocket. As well some material is removed inside the pocket where the strap bolts go into on both sides. If you install new limbs and they contact or feel snug when pushed in. This is where the porblom lies. If the limb has ever so slightly side to side movement. They will last forever.
If snug, they will crack underneith on the first shot. And still may last forever... Or not.
You can tell by installing the limbs, taking a shot or two and then removing them. The crack will leave an indent in the plastic shim. It's obvious, the crack always runs right to the strap screw
Excals machining fix really works well. Take them up on the offer
Matrix 355 (sold :( )
Micro-Mod 360
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

sproulman

Post by sproulman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:40 pm

I wonder if my air brakes help stop it also?I cannot use the new spacer with Air Brakes..I have over 100 shots on mine and guys without Air brakes limbs are breaking...

janesy

Post by janesy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Spacer has nothing to do with it. It was only to limit torque.
Get the modded riser and go nuts
Matrix 355 (sold :( )
Micro-Mod 360
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

foofoo

Post by foofoo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 am

from what i see the spacer isint just to limit torque. if that was the case then why is there a see thru gap behind the recoil plates now in the newest design. i see the design as to allow the limb to breath a bit. makes the back and forth motion without transferring all the energy to the main limb bolt. if you choke down on the recoil plate bolts i bet most of the energy gets transferred to that area. the back of the limb takes a big hit as the limbs flex forward. my Gen 1 riser doesnt have as big a gap as the new relieved angle risers but has a gap where it didnt before unless you left those recoil screws loose. with the spacer my Gen 1 now breaths a little. guess the space didnt matter on the long limb models. ive also wondered why the string stops are located right behind those recoil plates. my hunch adding to issues is theres gotta be some energy transferred through the stoppers to the recoil plate area when the string is released and all that energy wacks into the stoppers.i would think off setting the mount hole to the string stops outside that area would be better if that area is such a problem with limb wear.anyway i have too much time in the stand to think of these theories :mrgreen:

sproulman

Post by sproulman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Has anyone that installed AIR BRAKES had limb failure?So far I am not having problem with air brakes on..