Deer Decoy Set Up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Deer Decoy Set Up

Post by ko4nrbs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:43 pm

A brief video showing my deer decoy and Primos (Tail Waggin) in the woods. The decoy has already helped me get a button buck. The little buck was so fixated on the decoy that he never paid any attention to the Ground Blind about 15 yards away.

I put the Primos Tail Waggin in a waterproof box so I could soaked it down with scent killer and not get the battery compartment wet. Had to drill a hole for the motor drive shaft for the tail and the antenna.

One less deer to get in my friends garden and landscaping.
https://i.imgur.com/f1L61v4.mp4

Bill
Excalibur Exomax with Twlight DLX
Firebolts with NuFletch Ignitor Lighted Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 grain Broadheads

longbow joe

Re: Deer Decoy Set Up

Post by longbow joe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:00 pm

THATS AWSOME GREAT IDEA
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 workhorse nikon bolt /vixen ll / striker offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/ trigger tec's on most / spitfires/easton2216s/zombies

ko4nrbs

Re: Deer Decoy Set Up

Post by ko4nrbs » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Been using it a lot lately. Only have it out about 20 feet or so in front of my Ground Blind. It's at the tail end of my Tink's inflatable deer decoy, Miss November. I did test it at home at a distance of 30 yards and it worked fine. Was 17 degrees the other morning and it worked fine.

In order to avoid low or dead batteries I replace them after each hunt. If you wag the tail a lot it will run the batteries down quickly. Resist the temptation to play around with it and wait for a deer to show up. I use rechargeable batteries in it.

Make sure the On button is really on before hanging it. Look for the button to be lighted up. A quick button push works but not a firm delayed push. Listen and feel for the click.

I got the box at WalMart. It is a small waterproof case made by Outdoor Products #58916.

Good hunting,
Bill
Excalibur Exomax with Twlight DLX
Firebolts with NuFletch Ignitor Lighted Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 grain Broadheads