C2 Cocker Rope Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
ko4nrbs
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by ko4nrbs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm

I bought a length of 7/64" Samson Amsteel-Blue Rope for my C2 cocker. Now that I have it in hand it looks like it might be too big for it. Has anyone else used the 7/64" rope on a C2 cocker? Is the holes in the cocker rollers big enough for it?

I have trouble with mine wearing where the rope enters the hole in the rollers at the knot.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax with Twlight DLX
Firebolts with NuFletch Ignitor Lighted Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 grain Broadheads

User avatar
Bcxbow
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44 am
Location: North Georgia

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by Bcxbow » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm

ko4nrbs wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm
I bought a length of 7/64" Samson Amsteel-Blue Rope for my C2 cocker. Now that I have it in hand it looks like it might be too big for it. Has anyone else used the 7/64" rope on a C2 cocker? Is the holes in the cocker rollers big enough for it?

I have trouble with mine wearing where the rope enters the hole in the rollers at the knot.

Bill
I use the same on my C2 Bill and it works great. No mods necessary.

Billy
BD400
HHA Optimizer, Hawke XB1 SR
18" BEA ZS,
Spitfires, Magnus Black Hornet
Strings by Boo, VM, Trinity Strings

ko4nrbs
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by ko4nrbs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Bcxbow wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm
ko4nrbs wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm
I bought a length of 7/64" Samson Amsteel-Blue Rope for my C2 cocker. Now that I have it in hand it looks like it might be too big for it. Has anyone else used the 7/64" rope on a C2 cocker? Is the holes in the cocker rollers big enough for it?

I have trouble with mine wearing where the rope enters the hole in the rollers at the knot.

Bill
I use the same on my C2 Bill and it works great. No mods necessary.

Billy
How did you get it threaded into the holes on the rollers?
Bill
Excalibur Exomax with Twlight DLX
Firebolts with NuFletch Ignitor Lighted Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 grain Broadheads

User avatar
Bcxbow
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44 am
Location: North Georgia

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by Bcxbow » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:01 pm

ko4nrbs wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm
ko4nrbs wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm
I bought a length of 7/64" Samson Amsteel-Blue Rope for my C2 cocker. Now that I have it in hand it looks like it might be too big for it. Has anyone else used the 7/64" rope on a C2 cocker? Is the holes in the cocker rollers big enough for it?

I have trouble with mine wearing where the rope enters the hole in the rollers at the knot.

Bill
I use the same on my C2 Bill and it works great. No mods necessary.

Billy
How did you get it threaded into the holes on the rollers?
Bill
I put one wrap of masking tape around the ends of the rope to keep them tight and loosened the handle bolt and pulled the handle assy away from the crank body to allow enough clearance to thread the rope thru the hole and in the groove. The other side (left hand side) was not a problem and fed right in. It will not fit if the ends are melted. I have heard of some people having to drill out the holes and deburr them.

My original rope (factory) was terrible about wear at the holes and was having to cut it off and re-tie about every 50 shots. I have approximately 300 shots on the amsteel and still no wear at all.

Hope this helps
Billy
BD400
HHA Optimizer, Hawke XB1 SR
18" BEA ZS,
Spitfires, Magnus Black Hornet
Strings by Boo, VM, Trinity Strings

ko4nrbs
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by ko4nrbs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks Billy,


I got it done. Didn't take the handle off just took my time and pushed it through with a very small screw driver a little at a time. Did use the masking tape.

Made it a little longer than the original so the knots would not be under so much strain.

Thank you,
Bill
Excalibur Exomax with Twlight DLX
Firebolts with NuFletch Ignitor Lighted Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 grain Broadheads

User avatar
Bcxbow
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44 am
Location: North Georgia

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by Bcxbow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 am

Good deal Bill

I also put some extra wraps (3) on my spool and as stated before I haven’t seen any wear since.

Glad I could help. Stay safe and good hunting.

Billy
BD400
HHA Optimizer, Hawke XB1 SR
18" BEA ZS,
Spitfires, Magnus Black Hornet
Strings by Boo, VM, Trinity Strings

ko4nrbs
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by ko4nrbs » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Well I have cocked and de-cocked the Exomax many times trying out the new rope. It works great and is not as scary as the small diameter orginial rope. The orginial rope always concerned me especially when I noted the wear where it entered the hole in the rollers. I sure don't need anymore dry fires especially if due to a cocker rope breaking that I should have replaced!!

Will get new limbs after hunting season and since I have already installed the Guardian I should be all set.


Bill
Excalibur Exomax with Twlight DLX
Firebolts with NuFletch Ignitor Lighted Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 grain Broadheads

User avatar
Bcxbow
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44 am
Location: North Georgia

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by Bcxbow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:34 pm

That’s great Bill, you won’t have to worry about that rope. I am looking forward to seeing the new C3 that rumors say will mount permanently in the bull pup stock and are completely silent. Only time will tell, hopefully someone will lay eyes on one at the ATA show and bootleg some pictures. :wink:

Billy
BD400
HHA Optimizer, Hawke XB1 SR
18" BEA ZS,
Spitfires, Magnus Black Hornet
Strings by Boo, VM, Trinity Strings

User avatar
xcaliber
Posts: 8631
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by xcaliber » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:52 pm

I ordered 100' of this based on what you guys said. The stock rope is already showing wear with maybe 60 shots on it. I'm swapping it out as soon as it arrives.
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Nikon Bolt XR Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Crossbones. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
My own Killer Strings and Arrows.

User avatar
Bcxbow
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44 am
Location: North Georgia

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by Bcxbow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:05 pm

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:52 pm
I ordered 100' of this based on what you guys said. The stock rope is already showing wear with maybe 60 shots on it. I'm swapping it out as soon as it arrives.
You won’t be sorry. I only got 25’ when I ordered thinking it would get me thru the end of the year but the way it looks it will probably get me thru next year as well. :D

Billy
BD400
HHA Optimizer, Hawke XB1 SR
18" BEA ZS,
Spitfires, Magnus Black Hornet
Strings by Boo, VM, Trinity Strings

User avatar
xcaliber
Posts: 8631
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: C2 Cocker Rope Question

Post by xcaliber » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:11 am

I did open the holes and debur them. I probably didn't really need to, but easy as pie to swap out now.
Thanks again for the tips.
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Nikon Bolt XR Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Crossbones. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
My own Killer Strings and Arrows.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gerald strine, Google [Bot] and 33 guests