WI holiday hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Goose52

WI holiday hunt

Post by Goose52 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:56 am

i was hoping to hunt a few days after xmas as my kids have some time off from work; getting pics again of nice bucks. however, wi has a "holiday season" that allows rifles, smoke poles etc to be used in the woods but only does can be taken... not sure what to make of that but i think it ticks me off. i still have a doe doe tag but one doe a year is enough for me... got a buck with the .06 so there is meat in the freezer but wouldn't mind a chance at a quality rack. guess it won't be this week tho... :x ok, i've figured it out- i'm pissed!
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Illuminated Quills
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE

xcaliber

Re: WI holiday hunt

Post by xcaliber » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:25 am

Have a nice holiday season, sorry to hear that Wisconsin is limiting hunting opportunities, really does stink!
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
Matrix 380 (Max) Bushnell Trophy XLT

LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:35 am

I know what you mean . Had that 4 day farm land hunt after rifle season for doe's only . Now the holiday hunt ,not sure I want to sit in the cold and snow and wear orange only to shoot a doe . But if it gets warmer it gives me a reason to go hunting :D And besides that my son is home on leave and most of my sausage meat is being made into jerky right now so he can take it back to base . I guess the leftover bucks will just get bigger for next year :lol:
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:48 am

LongCarbine wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:35 am
I know what you mean . Had that 4 day farm land hunt after rifle season for doe's only . Now the holiday hunt ,not sure I want to sit in the cold and snow and wear orange only to shoot a doe . But if it gets warmer it gives me a reason to go hunting :D And besides that my son is home on leave and most of my sausage meat is being made into jerky right now so he can take it back to base . I guess the leftover bucks will just get bigger for next year :lol:
That's something to soften the blow!
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
Matrix 380 (Max) Bushnell Trophy XLT

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:52 pm

My county isn’t in theHoliday hunt this year. But hey, I still have a buck and doe tag left that’s good for 2 more weeks! Now to just see some deer! Lol
Vixen/Micro
Axiom/Ibex
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners
NuFletch Archery "Ignitor" Lighted Nocks
NAP Swingblade, Rage Hypodermics and Shwackers

Goose52

Post by Goose52 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:45 am

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:25 am
Have a nice holiday season, sorry to hear that Wisconsin is limiting hunting opportunities, really does stink!
Thanks, i will; i just won't be hunting! local tv had a story on the holiday season and the DNR promotes it as EXPANDING hunting opportunities! i guess if the DNR is trying to limit the deer herd and it's based on sound biological data, so be it. i just want a chance at a dandy to fill my buck tag (easier to hunt in the cold when there's a nice one in the area).but i spose if they kept archery bucks legal during this season archers wouldn't be in the woods with firearms harvesting does.

hope you & yours have a merry christmas too.
Twilight DLX
Illuminated Quills
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE

Goose52

Post by Goose52 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:45 am

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:25 am
Thanks, i will; i just won't be hunting! local tv had a story on the holiday season and the DNR promotes it as EXPANDING hunting opportunities! i guess if the DNR is trying to limit the deer herd and it's based on sound biological data, so be it. i just want a chance at a dandy to fill my buck tag (easier to hunt in the cold when there's a nice one in the area).but i spose if they kept archery bucks legal during this season archers wouldn't be in the woods with firearms harvesting does.

hope you & yours have a merry christmas too.
Twilight DLX
Illuminated Quills
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE

Goose52

Post by Goose52 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:46 am

bigbowman wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:52 pm
My county isn’t in theHoliday hunt this year. But hey, I still have a buck and doe tag left that’s good for 2 more weeks! Now to just see some deer! Lol
good luck!
Twilight DLX
Illuminated Quills
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE