Coyote hunting apps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
hankenhunter
Posts: 2790
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 pm
Location: Thompson/Nicola, British Colombia

Coyote hunting apps

Post by hankenhunter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:55 pm

My wife bought me a high end waterproof bluetooth speaker for Christmas and I would like to use it with my phone to eradicate some of these mangy calf and fawn killers. Bit of an infestation over here. Any one use an app for calling them in? Which is the best app? Thanks and Happy New year.
Hank
2010 Equinox The "Beast"
Big John's Zombies with helical blazers
S-5 string stoppers
150 gr. boltcutters, 145 gr. Saunders blunts
Dead zone scope
Vixen master string
DaGriz knife

User avatar
8ptbuk
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:14 am
Location: Patrick County Virgina

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by 8ptbuk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:08 pm

I can't recommend an app for sounds but I can recommend a few for checking wind direction. Huntstand and Antler Insanity are the best I've found. They'll help you decide where to hunt that day and also which side of the field to setup on if applicable. I started out using these for deer hunting but seen how good they work for My coyotes hunts also. Mike
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by janesy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:10 pm

All the free call sounds you could ever need. Including complete silence, which is hard to find and important not to broadcast white noise.

Www.varmintal.com

Get a audio editor and make yourself a set list and hit play. Have it call for 5 minutes or whatever, then have 20 minutes of dead silence, then your next sequence. This is how it was before foxpro came out.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by janesy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:22 pm

Hadnt been to that site in years. There are premade sequences available already
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

User avatar
elkaholic
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:27 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by elkaholic » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:56 pm

I got the ihunt from ruger Bluetooth speaker free app

their preloaded calls are awesome

I even just use my phone speaker sometimes - not nearly as loud but on a still morning it works

one can download the free app - not sure if they work with any bt speaker

hankenhunter
Posts: 2790
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 pm
Location: Thompson/Nicola, British Colombia

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by hankenhunter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:16 pm

Thanks guys. My phone is loaded now. Had fun with it this morning when I ambushed the wife with a pack of coyotes behind the couch. Pandemonium ensued as the dogs went crazy howling and looking for the big bad coyote. Haven't laughed so much in years. Oh yeah, any good tips for keeping a dog house warm? I may be in one for a while. :lol: Happy New Year my friends!
Hank
2010 Equinox The "Beast"
Big John's Zombies with helical blazers
S-5 string stoppers
150 gr. boltcutters, 145 gr. Saunders blunts
Dead zone scope
Vixen master string
DaGriz knife

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by janesy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:32 pm

hankenhunter wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:16 pm
Thanks guys. My phone is loaded now. Had fun with it this morning when I ambushed the wife with a pack of coyotes behind the couch. Pandemonium ensued as the dogs went crazy howling and looking for the big bad coyote. Haven't laughed so much in years. Oh yeah, any good tips for keeping a dog house warm? I may be in one for a while. :lol: Happy New Year my friends!
Hank
Haha, i did the same thing last night, just got a foxjack decoy and the 3 year old and 1 year old had a blast!
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

User avatar
L. E. Carroll
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:32 pm
Location: La Center, WA

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by L. E. Carroll » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:12 am

A couple questions as I have and use a couple foxpro calls presently and am not familiar with the possibly using my phone and a speaker to cut down on weight in the field.

What happens when using your phone and a call comes in during a calling sequence?
Second, what is phone battery charge time like when using your phone in this manner?

thank's
Gene
Camo Micro 335 gen. ll " w/ XB30 SR Pro
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ Crossbones scope & a Boo trigger
all w/Camo Munch mounts
Sweet 44 yr. old 73 Bronco
Scamp tralier

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by janesy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 am

L. E. Carroll wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:12 am
A couple questions as I have and use a couple foxpro calls presently and am not familiar with the possibly using my phone and a speaker to cut down on weight in the field.

What happens when using your phone and a call comes in during a calling sequence?
Second, what is phone battery charge time like when using your phone in this manner?

thank's
Gene
You could adjust the setting s on your phone to either not receive calls or notifications, and or go silent . possibly airplane mode if your speaker had a cable. That woildnt work for bluetooth.
Ideally yoi would use an old phone, and essencially just use its storage and blackback functions, same as an ipod...without the cult haha

Ive used my phone, an ipod, a cheap cabled call. Since i got the foxpro, i wonder why i bothered before, they are top gear. With that said, the advancement in waterproof bluetooth speakers has jumped ten fold since then.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

User avatar
Bcwn
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by Bcwn » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:12 am

Speaking of coyotes I've got a no $hit serious problem here on this land I purchased two months ago. The front 11 acres is cleared for pasture the back 66 is slam with green briar and wait a minute vines. The land owner before me sold off all the pine trees before selling the property, if your not familiar with NC our pines grow back mature as if we were feeding them steroids. No one has hunted this property in probably 18 years, so the coyotes have taken over what I thought was just a pack of loose dogs became a game changer when the sheriff deputy came by blasting sirens, we we're out back shooting my mad max when the pack unleashed howling littraly less than 150 meters from the back deck. The previous land owner said the property has a predatory hunting permit, not to sure if that stays with the property or the owner. Gonna follow up on that for sure

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones

User avatar
robertyb
Posts: 2280
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by robertyb » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Bcwn wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:12 am
Speaking of coyotes I've got a no $hit serious problem here on this land I purchased two months ago. The front 11 acres is cleared for pasture the back 66 is slam with green briar and wait a minute vines. The land owner before me sold off all the pine trees before selling the property, if your not familiar with NC our pines grow back mature as if we were feeding them steroids. No one has hunted this property in probably 18 years, so the coyotes have taken over what I thought was just a pack of loose dogs became a game changer when the sheriff deputy came by blasting sirens, we we're out back shooting my mad max when the pack unleashed howling littraly less than 150 meters from the back deck. The previous land owner said the property has a predatory hunting permit, not to sure if that stays with the property or the owner. Gonna follow up on that for sure

Brad
Here you go:

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Regs/Documents/Coyote-Seasons.pdf

GROUNDHOG,NUTRIA, COYOTE,SKUNK (STRIPED),
ARMADILLOAND FERAL SWINE (HOGS)
There is no closed season or bag limit. Hunters may use electronic
calls for coyotes and feral swine.
l Feral swine may be hunted at night with lights.
l Coyotes may be hunted at night except in the counties of Beaufort,
Dare, Hyde, Tyrrell and Washington. In those five counties, the
following apply:
-hunting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset
-all coyote hunting requires a permit
-permits can be obtained at ncwildlife.org or by calling
1-888-248-6834
-all coyote harvests must be reported.
See page 62 for more information about coyote hunting in the five
counties listed above.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Licensing/Other-Licenses-Permits/Coyote-Hunting-and-Depredation-Permits
Wildlife Population Control Specialist

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by janesy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Bcwn wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:12 am
Speaking of coyotes I've got a no $hit serious problem here on this land I purchased two months ago. The front 11 acres is cleared for pasture the back 66 is slam with green briar and wait a minute vines. The land owner before me sold off all the pine trees before selling the property, if your not familiar with NC our pines grow back mature as if we were feeding them steroids. No one has hunted this property in probably 18 years, so the coyotes have taken over what I thought was just a pack of loose dogs became a game changer when the sheriff deputy came by blasting sirens, we we're out back shooting my mad max when the pack unleashed howling littraly less than 150 meters from the back deck. The previous land owner said the property has a predatory hunting permit, not to sure if that stays with the property or the owner. Gonna follow up on that for sure

Brad
My dream home and ending place will let me shoot coyotes from the coffee table.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

User avatar
Bcwn
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by Bcwn » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:39 pm

robertyb wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 pm
Bcwn wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:12 am
Speaking of coyotes I've got a no $hit serious problem here on this land I purchased two months ago. The front 11 acres is cleared for pasture the back 66 is slam with green briar and wait a minute vines. The land owner before me sold off all the pine trees before selling the property, if your not familiar with NC our pines grow back mature as if we were feeding them steroids. No one has hunted this property in probably 18 years, so the coyotes have taken over what I thought was just a pack of loose dogs became a game changer when the sheriff deputy came by blasting sirens, we we're out back shooting my mad max when the pack unleashed howling littraly less than 150 meters from the back deck. The previous land owner said the property has a predatory hunting permit, not to sure if that stays with the property or the owner. Gonna follow up on that for sure

Brad
Here you go:

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Regs/Documents/Coyote-Seasons.pdf

GROUNDHOG,NUTRIA, COYOTE,SKUNK (STRIPED),
ARMADILLOAND FERAL SWINE (HOGS)
There is no closed season or bag limit. Hunters may use electronic
calls for coyotes and feral swine.
l Feral swine may be hunted at night with lights.
l Coyotes may be hunted at night except in the counties of Beaufort,
Dare, Hyde, Tyrrell and Washington. In those five counties, the
following apply:
-hunting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset
-all coyote hunting requires a permit
-permits can be obtained at ncwildlife.org or by calling
1-888-248-6834
-all coyote harvests must be reported.
See page 62 for more information about coyote hunting in the five

counties listed above.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Licensing/Other-Licenses-Permits/Coyote-Hunting-and-Depredation-Permits


Thanks man I appreciate this
Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones

User avatar
8ptbuk
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:14 am
Location: Patrick County Virgina

Re: Coyote hunting apps

Post by 8ptbuk » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Bcwn wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:12 am
Speaking of coyotes I've got a no $hit serious problem here on this land I purchased two months ago. The front 11 acres is cleared for pasture the back 66 is slam with green briar and wait a minute vines. The land owner before me sold off all the pine trees before selling the property, if your not familiar with NC our pines grow back mature as if we were feeding them steroids. No one has hunted this property in probably 18 years, so the coyotes have taken over what I thought was just a pack of loose dogs became a game changer when the sheriff deputy came by blasting sirens, we we're out back shooting my mad max when the pack unleashed howling littraly less than 150 meters from the back deck. The previous land owner said the property has a predatory hunting permit, not to sure if that stays with the property or the owner. Gonna follow up on that for sure

Brad
Bcwn,, what county in NC is your property on ?
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], deadeer, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 54 guests