Thumbhole Stock?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigbowman

Thumbhole Stock?

Post by bigbowman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Will any Excalibur thumbhole stock fit on a Vixen II? I would like to customize a thumbhole stock on my Vixen II so these worn out old hands can handle my bow easier! Plus I think it would look cool! 😎
Vixen/Micro
Axiom/Ibex
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners
NuFletch Archery "Ignitor" Lighted Nocks
NAP Swingblade, Rage Hypodermics and Shwackers

longbow joe

Re: Thumbhole Stock?

Post by longbow joe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:36 am

You need a stock from an ibex ,the plastic rail or metal version. Im sure any exo series will work. A matrix is gonna be real short and unbalanced (l tried it already ) l have the thumdhole on my ibex l love the stock better than the micro or matrix ....lt just feels perfect. I also would like to upgrade my vixen 2 also. l just dont like the plain one as much.danny miller or woodys might have one give em a call.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 workhorse nikon bolt /vixen ll / striker offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/ trigger tec's on most / spitfires/easton2216s/zombies

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:48 am

Thanks Joe! I’ll give Danny a call this week!
Vixen/Micro
Axiom/Ibex
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:15 am

Little more to it but doable. Going yon need a forward swept trigger, drill and tap a hole or two, and machine s bit of rail in front of trigger. Danny has done these in the past and knows exactly what is needed and can get you fixed up. It does make a sweet little bow.

foofoo

Post by foofoo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 am

ive done a few. if you have a dremel tool and know how to tap threads its not too bad but tricky. the new rail hole your drilling and tapping is right next to each other so youll have to fill and close the hole. i actually prefer the regular stock. the stretch to the safety is gonna be longer just a heads up.

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 pm

Don't bother filling the hole simply put in a allen screw with blue loctite. Sits nice and flush and you can remove it later if you dont like it.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 workhorse nikon bolt /vixen ll / striker offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/ trigger tec's on most / spitfires/easton2216s/zombies

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Talked to Danny tonight, my Vixen II will be on it’s way to Ohio tomorrow to get a new thumbhole stock retro fitted with a swept forward trigger! I’m sure glad that I called him! He’s definitely the man!
Vixen/Micro
Axiom/Ibex
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Thats cool . Please define the swept forward trigger .l assumed lt was a direct bolt on, maby tap a forearm screw.? I was wrong.what model is the stock from ?

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:48 pm

The stock came off a brand new micro. He does have to tap the front screw because he said it’s about a half of screw width away from the original hole. He also said it needs a swept forward trigger in order to fit a thumbhole stock on my rail. I would assume to keep the trigger from hitting the bottom of the trigger hole of the stock? I’m not sure why but if Danny said that it needs to be done then it’s getting done! Lol I can’t wait to get it off to him!
Vixen/Micro
Axiom/Ibex
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Danny is an absolute gem. Most here will certainly defer to his expertise and if he's doing a modification for you, it'll be done right! Let us know how it goes.

Paul

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 pm

It’s on it’s way to Ohio as I type this post! I can’t wait to get it back and see & feel how it turns out! This is what it looked like before the mod.

Vixen/Micro
Axiom/Ibex
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:17 pm

I love my vixen and ibex. That ibex this year shot thru my buck this year almost completely lengthwise from throat to butt. I love the "slow" whimpy sub 300 fps bows.

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:59 am

I love how easy the Vixen II is to cock! It's a lot lighter than my TP Titan HLX too! Sweet shooting little bow for me. I've never been chasing or had the need for speed! :D
Vixen/Micro
Axiom/Ibex
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Heard the doorbell today but I wasn’t expecting anything? I saw the ups truck driving down the driveway before I got to the door. Opened the door and there was an Excalibur crossbow box on the step! Wasn’t expecting Danny Miller to be finished with my project yet! The new stock turned out awesome! He’s definitely the man! He did an excellent job and was even able to get a black stock on top of it! I’m very pleased with the outcome of this modification! Now if it would only warm up enough so I could go outside to shoot it! Here’s a few pictures of my new crossbow!

Vixen/Micro
Axiom/Ibex
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners

quake

Post by quake » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Wow that was fast! That looks great! Congrats, I bet you can't wait to get it out and shoot it.
2017 Micro 335
2016 Cabela's Equalizer 370 by Excalibur