Opinions on the bulldog 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Okostis

Opinions on the bulldog 330

Post by Okostis » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:09 pm

I'm looking to buy my first crossbow and I've decided either a matrix 330 or a vortex.
A fellow forum member suggested the bulldog 330.
Looking for opinions on it. Is it worth it, or can funds be spent better on another bow? How does it compare to the matrix 330?

Carnivorous

Re: Opinions on the bulldog 330

Post by Carnivorous » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:07 pm

If you have a dealer near you I would check each model out yourself. To see what fits you best. A hunting bow must feel right when you shoulder it or you will regret buying it.

The thing with asking the forum is we all have our own opinions and they might not be what you want in a bow.

Me personally I like anything Micro in black.. ;)

Out of the 3 you mentioned I would go withe the BD 330 because it's the shortest overall length and I like the bullpup stock design..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of harvest is at hand.

xcaliber

Re: Opinions on the bulldog 330

Post by xcaliber » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Real good advice. In order of my preference:
Matrix 330 Same as the Vortex in terms of performance in a smaller package.
Vortex is bullet proof, you can buy stock 20" arrows at many places, and if you build your own, no cutting required. Easy to cock, and plenty of power.
Bulldog, I have never held one, or shot one, if I did I would probably want or have one! :shock:
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Kodabow Scout (Karma) MFO Tagged Out Sights.
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage, Munch Mount
Matrix 380 (Max) Bushnell Trophy XLT