The new Excalibur crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
User avatar
Carnivorous
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:56 pm
Location: Belleriver Ontario

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by Carnivorous » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 pm
Peter we had a clumsy contraption to carry around already, we need or, I will, have a device that is integrated, that I can use as it is always there, or have the option of using a device, rope cocker if you will, when I want and am able. This is what I waited for, but that was my mistake not Excaliburs, and just maybe I will have to turn elsewhere, but at my age, I will have convenience, and exactly what I want. I have had to make my own before, just to have Excalibur follow suite later. I'm not waiting any more.
Sounds like you need an Assassin.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of harvest is at hand.

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 11273
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by Boo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm
wildcatter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 pm
Peter we had a clumsy contraption to carry around already, we need or, I will, have a device that is integrated, that I can use as it is always there, or have the option of using a device, rope cocker if you will, when I want and am able. This is what I waited for, but that was my mistake not Excaliburs, and just maybe I will have to turn elsewhere, but at my age, I will have convenience, and exactly what I want. I have had to make my own before, just to have Excalibur follow suite later. I'm not waiting any more.
Sounds like you need an Assassin.. :)
So do you Jeff! :mrgreen:
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Random acts of kindness can change the world.
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

User avatar
Carnivorous
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:56 pm
Location: Belleriver Ontario

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by Carnivorous » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Boo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm
wildcatter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 pm
Peter we had a clumsy contraption to carry around already, we need or, I will, have a device that is integrated, that I can use as it is always there, or have the option of using a device, rope cocker if you will, when I want and am able. This is what I waited for, but that was my mistake not Excaliburs, and just maybe I will have to turn elsewhere, but at my age, I will have convenience, and exactly what I want. I have had to make my own before, just to have Excalibur follow suite later. I'm not waiting any more.
Sounds like you need an Assassin.. :)
So do you Jeff! :mrgreen:
Hope you have one @ boo fest that I can try out! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of harvest is at hand.

User avatar
newbie
Posts: 2659
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm
Location: Brantford Ontario

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by newbie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:09 pm

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm
Boo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm


Sounds like you need an Assassin.. :)
So do you Jeff! :mrgreen:
Hope you have one @ boo fest that I can try out! Lol
Jeff you will bring one... kinda
The Assasin has one built in :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 11273
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by Boo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 pm

hunter with MS wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:29 am
It showed in the video decocking with the crank but in the photos it states on the mounting hardware . Warning DO NOT DECOCK WITH CRANK ! What gives >
In talking to the guys who who developed it and work in the back, they are changing their minds about the decocking. The first production of Chargers will have the warning you quote on the body but the ones produced after the first run will not have it. The wrist strap really works well in stopping a run away crank.
I do not work for Excalibur so please get this info first hand from Excalibur to confirm.
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Random acts of kindness can change the world.
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

SEW
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by SEW » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am

I almost always decocking with the C-2, but carefully. Is there any difference in decocking between the two cranks? Is there any difference between the first run new crank and follow on versions other than the wording?
After a few thousand shots having used the C-2, I think it's best to hold on to the handle throughout the decocking sequence.

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 11273
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by Boo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm

SEW wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am
I almost always decocking with the C-2, but carefully. Is there any difference in decocking between the two cranks? Is there any difference between the first run new crank and follow on versions other than the wording?
After a few thousand shots having used the C-2, I think it's best to hold on to the handle throughout the decocking sequence.
Functionally, they are both the same in that they are both direct drive. There are a few distinct differences. First there is a spring retract the string when there is no pull from the string. Second is that the handle and wrist strap is designed to control the crank arm is you let go. Third, it is a whole lot smaller, so small that it easily fits in your jacket pocket. Forth, the handle has a quick release and can be left in the strap on your hand. Last, it releases from the bow with just a pull on a semi large knob. I think I'll be selling a couple of my C2s!
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Random acts of kindness can change the world.
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 49 guests