B.D 330 Not bad

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

B.D 330 Not bad

Post by LongCarbine » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Just got done shooting the new Bulldog 330 , Not a bad bow . The stirrup has a rubber coating on it and it has the limb suppression system. Scope is the dead zone. It has what I think is a powder coating on the rail not high polish but is slippery if that makes sense . Has a 3 arrow quiver with options for mounting it along the riser or parallel with the limbs . I was surprised by the trigger not bad at all matter of fact that's one thing I was worried about . The stock fit me very well It's only a few inches shorter than my Matrix but seamed much more compact than that . Only shot a doz. arrows so can't say about serving wear . Accuracy ,well it's an Excalibur. DON'T aim at the same spot unless you have an endless supply of arrows. Was shooting it side by side with Matrix 355 which I have stirrup wrapped , rail filled with foam , string silencers, arrow retainer shrink wrapped . The B.D was quieter . I don't know if it's all the rubber things on it or the design with more rail in the stock or the finish on the rail instead of the anodize. Also it is much much easier to cock than my daughter's Micro 335 . All in all this might be my go to bow . We will see when I can get some more shooting in at longer ranges. Also the price point is not bad if you shop around. If anyone is in the market for a more compact bow but don't know if they want the stiffer limbs of the Micro you might want to give this one a look .
Jim
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330

vixenmaster

Re: B.D 330 Not bad

Post by vixenmaster » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Nice personal review n congrats on yer nice BD330
crossbowcrossroads.com/forum/
Marie Laveau Voodoo Queen Matrix 360 Utahraptor Scorpyd DS
Pipsqueak Hybrid Micro/Matrix 135 lb 235 fps Banshee MXB320
Captain Jack Sparrow Custom Micro 355
[email protected] 417-505-9315

quake

Re: B.D 330 Not bad

Post by quake » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Thanks for your review Jim, that's good info for anyone thinking about purchasing this model.
2017 Micro 335
2016 Cabela's Equalizer 370 by Excalibur