“After you have hunted for 55 years from the ground with a recurve/longbow, you will realize you won’t have to take a shot over 30 yards”.Johnny One Shot wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:47 pmMost of you are correct. You are not bowhunters, your crossbow hunters. Just like there are gun hunters,compound hunters , recurve hunters, longbow hunters and selfbow hunters. There not all the same. After you have hunted for 55 years from the ground with a recurve/longbow, you will realize you wont have to take a shot over 30 yards.
1) How does this relate to this thread? Is this thread about traditional bow hunting or the factors involving xbow shooting?
2) Must we all hunt from the ground with traditional bows to really be a “bow hunter”?
3) Incidentally, though I don’t impose my personal traditional bow limitations on others who use xbows, I just finished my 61st year of traditional bow hunting AND xbow hunting. They are not the same! Just like traditional bow hunting and compound bow hunting are not the same either.
4) “Will realize you won’t have to take a shot over 30 yards””. No, I don’t “have to” but “I can” take a shot well beyond 30 yards with my xbow AND with a compound vertical bow.
5) Though both you and I are devoted traditional bow hunters, I don’t impose my traditional bow limitations on other types of bow hunters nor do I judge those who elect to use vertical compounds or xbows as not being bow hunters.
6) Have you considered going to or remaining on a traditional bow hunting forum?