Maybe OT--Great American Outdoor Show

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

catclr

Maybe OT--Great American Outdoor Show

Post by catclr » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Spent most of today at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pa. about 30 miles from me.

Went with the purpose of looking at the New Assassin and to talk with Gaston Houle with DrStirrup. Well the first stop was at the DrStirrup booth and who do I see but our own Boo (Don Katsumi) from here on the form. What great people both of these fellows were, and while I talked with Don awhile as Gaston was busy showing off his NEW Arrow Quivers to others, that passed his booth, Don was great to talk with, and when I did get the chance to talk to Gaston, Don kept my wife entertained talking with her about traveling and how big of a camper we need to do the traveling.
Gaston showed me the NEW Quiver for both crossbow and compound bows. They are slick to get the arrows in and out and give great protection to your arrows, while in the quiver. Gaston told me the NEW Quivers will be ready in about 4 months, so June-July, should be seeing them.

As for the Excalibur booth, looked over the Assassin Bow, and it is different as it has the built in cocking devise, and a sliding catch that is pushed down the rail till it attaches to the string, and the arrow holder is part of the sliding catch. They had a place to try out the Assassin, but the line was longer than I wanted to wait.

This was first time since the show changed name and who runs it, that I have been at it. Still draws lots of people.
Matrix 355
DM Quiver Mount
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup 4x4 Kocker w/AMSTEEL Rope
DrStirrup Foot Stirrup
DrStirrup Bumpers
nchunterkw, davesonic444,Boo strings
FIXpandable 100 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP Shafts
Nufletch Ignitor's

longbow joe

Re: Maybe OT--Great American Outdoor Show

Post by longbow joe » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 pm

I was trying to make it this year works been real buisy by the weekend im just in ...l want to be left alone mode.l would just end up bringing more hunting and fishing stuff home that l dont need. Honestly l just hate dealing with the crowds. I have had a great time there in years past lts always cool.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 workhorse nikon bolt /vixen ll / striker offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/ trigger tec's on most / spitfires/easton2216s/zombies

janesy

Post by janesy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:23 pm

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 pm
I was trying to make it this year works been real buisy by the weekend im just in ...l want to be left alone mode.l would just end up bringing more hunting and fishing stuff home that l dont need. Honestly l just hate dealing with the crowds. I have had a great time there in years past lts always cool.
I know the feeling. I enjoy the shows, but its getting hard for me to justify the time to go to them.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 pm

I was there all day yesterday....Been there 3 out of the last 4 years. It's always basically the same things and people there but I always manage to have a good time.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars

elkaholic

Post by elkaholic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:33 pm

We use to have AWESOME Sportsman shows here in AZ. Not sure how they are now in other States

then they started adding rv's and then boats and then a ton of booths with stuff not even closely related to hunting/ fishing or the outdoors.

Going on the first day Thursday or Friday -one basically had the whole show without bumping and squeezing in and around the crowded isles - like they get on the weekend.

Plus easy to spend time meeting and talking with vendors - with great new products

now its real estate guys -- jewelry- glass cleaners - massage booths - insole guys - the little rod fire starters

I'm like most I enjoy going and can usually find something new -I buy - that i really didnt need-

isn't that why we go !- lol

jody5252

Post by jody5252 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:20 am

I made it there. Kind of an annual thing, for us PA guys... What?? You did not make it to the Outdoor show?? What is wrong with you? Is what you would say to another serious Deer Hunter. :lol: :lol:... And, I also got to meet Don, and Gaston. What a pleasant surprise it was. I knew right away who they were. Don is a great guy, to talk to. A Guru of Excalibur bows, and all thing related. Gaston was just as well... I hope that someday, I may have the opportunity, to once again, talk with these fine gentlemen. May God bless...
Exocet 200 & Stryker Katana 360 - Easton 2219 magnums - Flex Fletch SK300 vanes - TruGlo red dot sight - Munch-single post quiver mount - D. Miller-quiver mount - 8 pt. Flemish string - 125 gr. DRT Dirt-Nap BH - Lumenok lighted nocks