new bulldog 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
doe hunter
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: Missouri

new bulldog 330

Post by doe hunter » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello; Got one of these and have Excalibur tell me the new owners manual is being published and will be mailed out when ready. they said to use the owner manual that came with it until then. In it says to have a brace height of 5/8 to 1 inch on the matrix 330, On this Bulldog it is nearly an 1 and 1/2" and also just less than 1/4 in form the rubber reds. Now the string has all most no twist some twist so will not take out any more. The string measures right at 30" and 5/8. Also are there 2 different size on the rubber red this one as the longer of the 2 so would like any comments Thank you

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by janesy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Twist it until you have about 1/2" above the bumpers. Shoot it a whole lot and itll settle to 1/4. Then for the next while adjust accordingly .

I have found the micro riser doesn't seem to care too much where the string is as far as speed is concerned. So I leave mine at 1/4. That way if it settles to 1/8 at some point I can still go sit in a tree stand.
If I left it at 1/8 and it settled for whatever reason id have to adjust.

But I shoot a lot, so it may not even be a concern for you.
Last edited by janesy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by janesy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Should add you won't are a change of POI, from a string adjustment. So shoot away and adjust when you need to.

I'd serioisly recommend a Vixenmaster Slave stringer.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

doe hunter
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by doe hunter » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:48 pm

thankks for the reply but the way I understand it your brace height from the riser is about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch . On mine Bulldog 330 from the riser to the string is 1 1/2 inches

User avatar
Bcxbow
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44 am
Location: North Georgia

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by Bcxbow » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:31 pm

doe hunter wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:35 pm
Hello; Got one of these and have Excalibur tell me the new owners manual is being published and will be mailed out when ready. they said to use the owner manual that came with it until then. In it says to have a brace height of 5/8 to 1 inch on the matrix 330, On this Bulldog it is nearly an 1 and 1/2" and also just less than 1/4 in form the rubber reds. Now the string has all most no twist some twist so will not take out any more. The string measures right at 30" and 5/8. Also are there 2 different size on the rubber red this one as the longer of the 2 so would like any comments Thank you
Doe Hunter

The Bulldog is completely different from the Matrix and the brace height is higher on the Bulldog. 1 1/2” from riser will do fine.

My biggest concern if I’m reading your post correctly is if you have 2 different size bumpers that will have to be corrected for the bow to perform as designed. If that is the case you should contact Excalibur and they will send you the correct bumpers.

Billy
Billy

BD400, 20” Spynal Tapps, HHA Optimizer, XV530IR
M380 Blackout, 18” Sombie Slayers, XV530IR
Ramcats, Magnus Black Hornets
Trinity Strings
Boo Strings

quake
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:57 am
Location: Central Indiana

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by quake » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Doe Hunter I think Janesy is talking about 1/4"-1/2" off of the rubber bumpers (REDS), which probably equals out to about the 1 1/2" that you are seeing at the riser line. Do you have a way of posting a picture of your REDS bumpers?
2017 Micro 335
2016 Cabela's Equalizer 370 by Excalibur

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 11279
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by Boo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Try 2" from where the riser meets the mainframe/rail and shoot over a chronograph.
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Random acts of kindness can change the world.
Madness is having a Malinois
Boocustomstrings.com

LongCarbine
Posts: 701
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: N.E. Wisconsin

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by LongCarbine » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Boo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 pm
Try 2" from where the riser meets the mainframe/rail and shoot over a chronograph.

Mine is sitting just a hair under 2" Doe Hunter check to make sure your bumpers are seated all the way in . They should be the same .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by janesy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 pm

doe hunter wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:48 pm
thankks for the reply but the way I understand it your brace height from the riser is about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch . On mine Bulldog 330 from the riser to the string is 1 1/2 inches
Sorry, I'm talking about the distance off the REDs themselves.
Also yes there are two different lengths REDS bumpers. You will be equipt with the longer of the two.

Follow Boos advice, start at 2" from the riser, note the position off the REDs bumpers and go shooting.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog 370
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

doe hunter
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by doe hunter » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanks guys for all the answers. With the brace height of the bulldog being ok at 1 1/2 to 2 inches like Bcxbow said then the 1/4 inch from the reds everything is good. really like this outfit and again thank you all and have a safe and happy hunting season this year

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests