bolt cutter practice blades

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

bolt cutter practice blades

Post by hunter with MS » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 am

I am wondering if they make practice blades for the bolt cutter ? As I like to practice with the same broadheads I will be hunting with and using a perfectly sharp blades seems a little dumb .

gerald strine

Re: bolt cutter practice blades

Post by gerald strine » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm

I do not know if blades are available for the bolt cutters I do not use them myself but I do shoot fixed blade heads I have several dedicated heads I
practice with shooting into a covered sand mound all summer and when hunting season arrives I just screw in a new factory head give it a spin test and call it good.
I use old blades that have been run through a deer on my practice heads when they start to ware over time .
I learned the sand pit thing shooting Broad head courses with my vertical bows , bolts slide out with ease target never wares out , you have to wipe bolt with rag after every shot to get dust off but it is no big deal.
This system has worked for me very well I practice with fixed B.H 90% of the time the only time I shoot a field point is on 3D courses .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:05 am

I have 4 dedicated practice heads for my boltcutters that l use for bear .There are no practice blades.l just shoot a bolt with the practice head and if its good just switch to a fresh one. I never bothered indexing them ,didn't think it was that critical at the sub 40 yards l hunt. I really like the xact cut and the spitfire for deer for the simple reason of not having to deal with the practice blade thing anymore. After seeing the damage a xact cut did on my friends bear this year l think im gonna just shelve the boltcutter next year.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 workhorse nikon bolt /vixen ll / striker offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/ trigger tec's on most / spitfires/easton2216s/zombies

hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:33 am

I asked now is because the heads I am using now are old Muzzy crosskills one of the first crossbow heads out and I don't have many left . They took a MX3 blade which have practice blades trying to find something that is close to them . I have never used the Bolt cutters.

catclr

Post by catclr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:08 pm

hunter with MS wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 am
I am wondering if they make practice blades for the bolt cutter ? As I like to practice with the same broadheads I will be hunting with and using a perfectly sharp blades seems a little dumb .
Check out these guys, as they make the X-Act heads and I think the bolt cutter. I would give them a call and talk with them.
Here is the link-----http://www.innerloc.com/
Matrix 355
DM Quiver Mount
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup 4x4 Kocker w/AMSTEEL Rope
DrStirrup Foot Stirrup
DrStirrup Bumpers
nchunterkw, davesonic444,Boo strings
FIXpandable 100 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP Shafts
Nufletch Ignitor's

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Fact of the matter ....most practice blades cost more than the real deal. Just sacrifice a couple and dull them with a file.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 workhorse nikon bolt /vixen ll / striker offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/ trigger tec's on most / spitfires/easton2216s/zombies