There's a New Vixen Running Around in the Ottawa Valley :-)

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hunterchick

There's a New Vixen Running Around in the Ottawa Valley :-)

Post by Hunterchick » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:42 pm

Hey everyone - I did it!! Today, near the end of the show, I walked up to a booth and told them I wanted to purchase a new EXOFOX :lol: I got the Vixen Deluxe, only I had them remove the quiver and bracket, as I'd heard from you guys that it only got in the way, and when I held the bow up with it attached, it felt like it was tipping one way, so they gave me a cocking aid, instead. Wow, in only 2 1/2 weeks I'll be out tracking the woods with it, in search of a deer - I'm so excited! I'm going into the shop this week to spend lots of time learning all about it, which I need to do, so I'll keep you posted. Again, without you guys on this forum, I probably wouldn't have been ready for this step yet and for that I thank you all!!
P.S. What an excellent video the Excalibur people put out!

wabi

Post by wabi » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:51 pm

Congratulations on your new "toy". I think you will be well pleased with it. I know I love mine. The new deluxe version is really nice. I have the older mag-tipped black version, and was instantly jealous when I say the new model. So I bought (actually traded a compound vert) a new Exocet in the deluxe version. As I've said before, if I could own only one it would be the deluxe Vixen.
And I like the Vixen name. I had a pet vixen as a child, and my all time favorite rifle was a Sako Vixen.
wabi
wabi

Digger

Post by Digger » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:09 pm

Congratulations on your Vixen, I have the black model with mag tips you'll really like the new model. Find yourself a hip quiver , it will be a lot more comfortable. :D 8) 8)

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity

Armadias

Post by Armadias » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:17 pm

hunterchick, Congratulations on your Vixen:D I'm sure you will be very happy with it.
Bob

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:58 pm

Another satisfied customer.

ENJOY!!!
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

devilsedge

Post by devilsedge » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:10 pm

Hunterchick, congrats on the new (EXOFOX) bow.
shoot straight stay late.

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:51 pm

Congrats! You can sleep well knowing you made a wise choice. No need for buyer's remorse for sure!

The first deluxe Vixen I saw was the one Bill T donated to Chase. I too was impressed with the looks of it.

Woodsman

Post by Woodsman » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:54 pm

Congrats on your fine choice of an Excalibur! :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.

Mighty Mooser

Welcome to the family!!!

Post by Mighty Mooser » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:24 pm

Good choice, and good luck in the woods!! I Received my Exomag on Friday, and I am in heaven allready!!! Make sure to do what they tell you on the video for string placement. After 20 shots or so I finally tightened the string so that it does not move anymore. Good luck and happy hunting!! :oops:
When you whack them you better stack them!!!

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:04 am

HC : Congrats ! On your new Vixen Deluxe ! Now I hope you get a chance at a shot like this !

A couple of more steps ..... and a 2213 passes thru him !

Cool picture eh ! ... I picked it up off the internet ... Mikey V. showed me how to post pictures today, so I will get a chance to post a bunch of my own now !!
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:11 am

Rick,

Did you remove the pics from your MSN? If you remove the pic from your MSN group, the forum won't display the pic anymore. All the forum does is provide a link to the pic that's hosted elsewhere.

Give me a call if it's still not working.

Mike

maple

Post by maple » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:18 am

Hunterchick,

Sounds like you are on the verge of an exciting new adventure. Congratulations!!

AND it was nice to meet you at the Hunting Show in Carp last weekend. Seems so many nice people hang out on this forum!! Great to make your aquaintance.

AND it was interesting to learn about the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation at the info booth. Elk around here. Cool.

Go Eli go.

Maple

A.W

Post by A.W » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:34 am

Congrats Hunterchick!!!!!!!! The buck wont have enough time to bleat "Incoming!" :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:16 pm

Mikey : The picture showed up on this post as well , but I didn't re-post it ?
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "

Hunterchick

This forum has far-reaching ends!

Post by Hunterchick » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:05 pm

Thanks again to everyone for your support on my new Vixen (ExoFox) purchase - now I just have to stop my boyfriend from drooling as he walks by it hanging in the hallway. I was all set to go out and start my bow training today when I got a supply-teaching call at 6:30 a.m. !!!!??? Great photo RJ, I can't wait to get out there! On the way home from school today 2 fawns ran in front of my car as I was turning into the Bay! It's like a calling, you know?
By the way, you never know when you'll be standing outside somewhere and someone whom you've never met/seen before, but has been viewing this forum, will come up to you and say "How's it going, Hunterchick?" - God, you freaked me out on Saturday with that one, Maple :shock: Thankfully, none of the kids I teach were there, eh? Imagine trying to explain that! :lol: 'Great talking to you, Maple and thanks for the support here!