Chase's Bear Hunt....................

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Steve Pray

Chase's Bear Hunt....................

Post by Steve Pray » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:49 am

Well I was gone all of this last weekend and about all I could think of was Lance and Chase out there after Chase’s bear. I’m betting I had no less than 50 people mention their hunt this weekend wanting to know if I’d heard anything yet. Here are 2 posts from Lance about their hunt. I haven’t had the chance to talk to Lance or Chase yet but as soon as I do I’ll post more info. They didn’t get a bear but as Lance says they ain’t done yet. I know Lance well enough to know he won’t stop until Chase has his bear. Please say a prayer that Chase’s surgery goes well and his recovery is quick enough to get him back out there yet again this year. Also a special thanks to Lance for all he has done to make Chase’s dream come true. I can think of no better person than Lance to make this happen.

Posted by Lance September 13th

Hunted this morning and this evening to no avail.

But he's there people. I'm tellin ya he's there. No if's and or buts about it big shaggy is there. But he's not there when I need him there (Guess that’s why they call it hunting)

I turn the rocks over Wednesday? they're turned back over Friday evening. I turn them BACK over Fri. evening. They're turned back upside down this morning. (big rocks too) He's grubbin and eatin bugs along with a bit of browse. And I think he's doing it at night. Judging from his sign he's no rookie at this. Looks like he's been at it for a few years. This aint no little bear. and he aint get to where he is by bein stupid (and to be honest I would have welcomed a stupid one!)

Chase's Dad Made it up this weekend and the blind is tiny. So I've took my treestand along and Let Chase and his Dad have the blind. I'm perched 15 feet up a red oak above them with a window in the blind turned to where I can peek in and they can see me if I motion one's coming (I have a real good vantage point perched up there above them) I know if it was my kid, I would want to be the one in the blind helping my kid make the shot on a bear. So I sure am happy he's here.

There's a frontal system moving in tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow mornings our last chance (Chase has appointments in Atlanta Monday and Surgery Tuesday) So lets all hope this front changes big shaggy's daily (or nightly) routine.

gotta get some rest. 4 am comes early.

Posted by Lance September 15th

Well.. we tried. But like I said. when I need a lil 150 pound 2 yr old dummy I get a big fat pro. This ol boy had already turned nocturnal.

But we aint finished with him yet. If Chase has his strength up enough once the leaves fall off the trees and we can glass em a bit we're gonna try again. If he doesn't?? We're gonna get him next year. Either way that boy's gonna getta bear.

So if any of you Gawgia Boys know where there's a few comin in thats easy to access (Chase doesn't have the strength yet to pull off those mountain hikes) Holler at me and lemme know. There's a wall in a 9yr olds bedroom that would love to accommodate his hide.

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:55 am

Steve,

thanks so much for the update!

Come on, Chase! We're all pulling for you, through your surgery and beyond!

Mike

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:31 am

Thanks Steve..

Lance,

God bless you an keep after them bears.

Have you posted your request for an easy access bear hunt on Woody's Taxidermy website? I'm sure there are some folks there that would be glad to help.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

excalibear

Post by excalibear » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:31 pm

Thanks for the update . Nice to know Chase is out there. Best of luck Chase - hope a nice one comes into range for ya!

"ex"

wabi

Post by wabi » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:17 pm

Thanks for the update. I guess Chase is going to have to work for this one, but I bet he loves every minute of it!
Our prayers will be with him to get the bear, and to conquer his disease!
wabi
wabi

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:37 am

Thanks for the up-date...

May the creator guide you, and watch over you, ALWAYS....
Ontario Trophy Bucks