What is your favorite cover scent?

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OK. DEER HUNTER

What is your favorite cover scent?

Post by OK. DEER HUNTER » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:22 pm

I use Scent Killer by Wildlife Research or apple juice if I hunt by my apple trees! I use Scent Blocker 'carbon blast' on my equipment and clothing.
For God so loved archers that he gave his only son in sacrifice for our sins. God will bless you with the flesh of the earth and is willing to help them who are willing to help themselves to mega bucks if you ask and he will!!

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:35 pm

Best cover scent: Don't eat spicey foods for a few days before deer season. Don't dip snuff in the stand, and stay still.

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:26 am

My favorite cover scent is called - Stay Downwind.. :wink:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:15 am

I use raccoon pee on my boots. I have had deer:

A.) smell my backtrail and casually walk away

B.) smell my backtrail, become agitated and alert and scoot away

C.) track me to my tree, look up and stare at me.

You just never can tell how they are going to react to any smell!

Mike

twogun

Post by twogun » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:27 pm

I think the best cover scent is no scent at all. When time permits, I like to shower with unscented soap right before heading out, use unscented deoderant, wash my clothes in baking soda water and store them outside or in a plastic bag. I also brush my teeth with baking soda. I wear rubber boots and gloves when climbing into my stands. I've never used the scent lock type clothes but might invest in some this year.

The biggest problem with this system is the time factor. Sometimes in the evenings, I barely have time to change into my camo and hit the woods and still have time before sunset to hunt. The morning hunts are a little easier to get ready for.