misc photo's with story

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

misc photo's with story

Post by R.J. » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:05 am

Well now that I know how to post pictures ...

This one I call " too late " If you look at the left side of the frame you will see a tree that I had scouted when I saw smallish 8 point in the area . It is beautifully trimmed for my climber . The 1st time in this tree in the a.m I had lots of doe and fawn action . It was too wet in the a.m. so I didn't bring my camera . Things cleared up nicely so when I went back for an evening stand I brought the camera. Ooop's should have got in earlier . Even though I went in early enough , the buck was there before me !

Would have been a nice shot !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:11 am

This photo is another from my " too late " file .... I had scoped out a group of deer near the end of the season 1997 . We still had 2 tags to fill in our group . My buddy and I were on our way in for an early afternoon set up but we were not early enough ! You can see my board stand in the background !

We did fill the tags on this group later on ....
Last edited by R.J. on Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:19 am

Now from one extreme to another ... this one I call " handcuffed " I had 2 decoys out in front . A doe and fawn were mucking about just to my left . I was so distracted by the doe and fawn I was not prepared when I nice 8 point walked right up behind me . He was so close walking in I thought he was going to walk over my position ! He walked by approx. an arms length upwind on my left side ! I was wearing a scent lock suit hunting from a ground seat . The reason I know he was only an arms length away was because I put my arm up to block as I quick snapped a picture ! There was no way I was going to be able to make a bow move on him but the picture ended up being a great memory !

Ooops ... can't find the picture :oops:

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:30 am

" 10 point looking " This was another field set up with decoys ... I had a doe and fawns to my right , when the doe stomped and snorted looking beyond the decoys ... It took me a while to pick him out but a nice 10 point that I had seen a few days earlier was watching the field from a stand of pines and cedars on the other side of the decoy's . He never came out or offered a shot opportunity , but it made I nice photo memory !

See how good your eye's are ! He is poking his head out for a look !

These posted pictures are not as clear as the originals ... I scanned them at work and e-mailed them home , then transferd to MSN.

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:43 am

Next 3 frames are a classic example of a rutt drunk buck following a real hot doe ! These shot's were taken at approx. 2:00 in then afternoon . I was dogging for some of the old timers in our group during the shotgun season .

:oops: for some reason I can't get the doe pic. to post ?

She is approx 15 yards away going into an outcrop in the bush !

He is so rut drunk , he doesn't see me and comes out of the bush trying to cut the doe off through the out crop . ( the edge of the out crop is the dark cover in the fore ground to the left of the frame . He is approx 35 yards away ! The wind is in my favor ...

One grunt stops him dead in his tracks !
Last edited by R.J. on Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:56 am

Coyotes with deer .

Male

Female

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:14 am

This was my daughters first season opener . I was showing her some nice ground blind spots around some apple trees when she found 2 small sheds in the grass . They were the 1st ones she found and carried them everywhere as her lucky charms !

1st sheds

Paitent apprentice

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:18 am

Now that I know how to post pictures I can dig out some cool close up's and misc unique shots from times afield !

devilsedge

Post by devilsedge » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:30 am

great pic's RJ.
shoot straight stay late.

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:59 am

Nice RJ.

You'll have to pace yourself!
:wink:

Mike

A.W

Post by A.W » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:23 am

Where's the pictures???????????
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.

Allan

Post by Allan » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:19 am

Those were great.

Thanks for sharing.

Digger

Post by Digger » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:23 am

Great pics R.J. Now that you know how to get the photos up we'll be in for a treat. :D 8) 8)

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:27 am

Nice Shots, R.J...
Ontario Trophy Bucks

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:03 pm

Nice shots.

Looks like you've got a great hunting buddy...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]