Drop Zone scope problems!!!

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Camper

Drop Zone scope problems!!!

Post by Camper » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:48 am

Just a question for everyone, I have owned a dropzone scope for the last 4 years. last season I found the crosshairs were turned just like when you loosen the screws to adjust the scope so the cross hairs are perfectly horizontal and vertical. the scope is still accurate but really goofy to look out of because of the crosshairs being out of wack. Does anyone know what this is from (Recoil from the X-bow) and how do I fix it. The scope has never been dropped or banged around. Is there a warranty on the scope?
Thanks
Camper

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:14 am

Has anyone been having problems with their Varizone scope??I was @ the Archery shop in Minster Ohio Last night. The owner Bill Ernst was telling me the varizone has been failing , Bad glass, not holding zero and so forth. He had two or three new ones in for replacements for customers. I havent had any trouble but was wondering if anyone else has had problems?????

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:15 am

Sorry that was me above, forgot to log in :roll:
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk

10Ring

Post by 10Ring » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:35 am

Camper

I have had good luck with my Drop Zone and Vari Zone; the Drop Zone is over 3 years old and has seen a lot of shooting at 3D. However, with anything, problems will occur with some units.

I suggest emailing Excal. directly, in the few times I have had any questions, they have always come back with a good answer.
10Ring

Marmot

Post by Marmot » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:05 am

Anonymous wrote:Has anyone been having problems with their Varizone scope??I was @ the Archery shop in Minster Ohio Last night. The owner Bill Ernst was telling me the varizone has been failing , Bad glass, not holding zero and so forth. He had two or three new ones in for replacements for customers. I havent had any trouble but was wondering if anyone else has had problems?????
This situation is not uncommon for Asian-made glass. I pretty much do not purchase Asian-made glass anymore unless it is made by Light Optical Works (OEM for B&L Elite, Weaver, high-end Redfield et. al.) or Hakko (OEM for Springfield Armory et. al.) in Japan, or Asia Optical in Taiwan (such as the recently discontinued Scopechief from Bushnell). One of the things to look for in Asian-made glass is an etched reticule. Most of the cheaper scopes do not have an etched reticule.

I also shoot spring-piston air rifles, and they have the same double recoil that is found in on crossbows (although the recoil on a magnum spring-piston gun is much more intense). Most optics are only braced for recoil in one direction. Spring-piston-rated scopes are usually double-braced.

Woodsman

Post by Woodsman » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:18 am

I had a situatuion with my Varizone. The reticle moved slightly diagonally. Excalibur replaced it promptly in the same week and the new one works just fine.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.

Digger

Post by Digger » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:33 am

I have a dropzone, maxzone and a verizone for my xbows and never had a problem other than the scope mounting screws came loose a couple of times :( , loc-tite took care of that. :D 8)

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:37 am

no malfunctions on mine...but the name emblems have both fallen off the side :( (they are glued on) on my Dropzone and Varizone. One was recovered and glued back on.

Mike

Bill T
Site Admin

Post by Bill T » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:44 am

We sell thousands of scopes, both VZs, and fixed power, and we have a few problems like you describe, but very few, actually less than one percent so far this year. Mostly they are related to someone in China who didn't assemble something right and they show up fairly quickly.
If anyone has a problem the way to get it fixed quickly is to contact us at 1 800 463 1817 so we can do something about it, not to turn it into a thread in the forum.

HOOHa

Post by HOOHa » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:57 pm

No one is nocking your product Bill, Its a discussion of a possible problem, Seems there isnt much of a problem if its only one percent being bad. People have the right to discuss all aspects of your equipment or related equipment, good and bad--what they like and what they dont, be they very few. ( Remembering a discussion on arrows not long ago ).
The scopes are not manufactured under your control, there can and will be some defects with any given pc of equipment that are beyond anyones control.

Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:59 pm

Bill T wrote:We sell thousands of scopes, both VZs, and fixed power, and we have a few problems like you describe, but very few, actually less than one percent so far this year. Mostly they are related to someone in China who didn't assemble something right and they show up fairly quickly.
If anyone has a problem the way to get it fixed quickly is to contact us at 1 800 463 1817 so we can do something about it, not to turn it into a thread in the forum.
You got that right Bill, :)

I have had 2 problems with my Excalibur products, one that there was no doubt that it was defective, the other was, IMO, as much my fault as it was Excaliburs, maybe more :!:

Both of my problems were taken care of promptly, and under warrenty, by my simply making that call to the 800#.

Try it you will like it :wink:

leo

Ocyrus

Excalibur Troubles

Post by Ocyrus » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:27 pm

The only trouble I have ever Had with Excalibur is I cant get enough of their Stuff 'Yall could be shooting Barnett'...... OCYRUS...... :!: