My dog Sally ...

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:31 pm

R.J. wrote:
Evan : Is there much upland hunting in the Illinois area ?
Unfortunately the prospects for hunting in NE Illinois look pretty bleak. In fact I was just talking to a friend of mine at work today about it. He was telling me that a number of counties in NE Illinois are closed to hunting because of population density, and he has heard that additional counties (including the one I live in - Will County) are going to be added to the list soon. He has been going up to Wisconsin somewhere to hunt, in spite of having to pay relatively high nonresident fees. I have been out of the hunting scene for 30 years, when I hunted with some high school friends in North Central Illinois. My oldest son, who is 11, is keen on hunting, and I have been looking forward to taking him and getting involved myself again. Unfortunately I am going to school now plus working full time, so time will not be available until I graduate in March 2005. Until then I will have to be satisfied with shooting targets and and the occasional backyard varmit with my crossbow.

Evan

Don

Post by Don » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:43 pm

Hey RJ!!

They don't call them "Springers" for nothing. They have the will and determination of dogs 3 times their size.

Those are some nice pics of Sally and the crew.

I can just see the little one now jumping back and forth over Sally's back and yipping away as they cross the field just like in that Disney movie Oliver's Company.

Don :lol:

R.J. not logged in

Post by R.J. not logged in » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:32 pm

Don : :lol: You aren't far from it ... the little guy Spike chases Sally for a while before he settles into a walk ... I will post some pic's of him later .

excalibear

Post by excalibear » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:21 pm

Nice pooch! looks full of loyalty and heart. Looks like a winner to me!

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:27 pm

Nice dog you have there, kinda brings back memories of when i hunted with dogs...
Ontario Trophy Bucks

10Ring

Post by 10Ring » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:35 pm

R.J. wrote:10 : Can't slip any details by you ... yes it is a Peerless .. I shot it for a while until another deal came along .... sold it to a buddy . I had heard some bad things about them brakeing down but I never had a problem with this one and I put it through it's paces in all kinds of weather ...
Interesting, I have not heard of any difficulties with the Peerless. I have one that has had several 1,000 shells through it on skeet fields without a problem.

I think the latest Rem. 332 O/U shares quite a few of the internal parts of the older Peerless, most noticeable external parts it doesn't share are the false side plates.
10Ring