Close encounter

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Close encounter

Post by R.J. » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:59 am

Found this photo it was supose to go on another thread .

Now from one extreme to another ... this one I call " handcuffed " I had 2 decoys out in front . A doe and fawn were mucking about just to my left . I was so distracted by the doe and fawn I was not prepared when I nice 8 point walked right up behind me . He was so close walking in I thought he was going to walk over my position ! He walked by approx. an arms length upwind on my left side ! I was wearing a scent lock suit hunting from a ground seat . The reason I know he was only an arms length away was because I put my arm up to block as I quick snapped a picture ! There was no way I was going to be able to make a bow move on him but the picture ended up being a great memory !

See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:08 am

Now that I've got the photo post thing down pat ... I hope I'm not boring you guy's ... just killing time after night shift .... Signing off ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "

Woodsman

Post by Woodsman » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:48 am

Boring? Heck no! Don't let 'em get so close!...they'll poke out your eye!!! :lol:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.

R.J.

Post by R.J. » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:58 am

Pete : Your not kidding ... I raised my arm to block when I snapped the picture for that reason ... I wasn't sure which way he would go or how he would react .