Welcome to our new discussion group - from Bill

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:35 pm

[quote="Woody Williams"]I don't mind debate } :o :o

That is an understatment if I ever heard one :P :P :wink:

WW, I just could not resist :oops: , I guess the devil made me do it :)

WW, you know we love ya :lol:

Leo

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:54 pm

There hasn't been too many dull moments in this crossbow stuff , eh?

My favourite time was right after Georgia said OK to crossbows and we could rub Longhair's nose in it. :lol:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

Barbara

Showing Pictures from Private Computers

Post by Barbara » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:22 pm

There isn't a way (nor should there be) an outsider can see what is on your home computer - at least that I know of.

If you know of a site that allows the world to view a picture on a private computer using some code, please let me know & I'll investigate.

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:00 pm

Barb,

No I wouldn't want anyone to see inside my PC. My Norton Internet Guard wouldn't allow that to happen.

Several sites do let a person post a picture onto their website just by uploading it onto theirs out of the person's PC.

Bowsite and Woody's are two such sites.

http://www.woodystaxidermy.com/forums/index.php

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/TF/THREADS.CFM

That would be a nice feature if at all possible. That way when one of us "get's lucky" we can post a picture on here for all to see. Just like the one that Tom posted on his Spring turkey only it would be from our home computer instead of another website.

Like I said it would be a nice featyre, but we can live without it.

By the way GOOD JOB on this new forum.
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:25 pm

woody, I thought that was what the trophy room was fer :roll: but then again maybe I am miss understanding the question

Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:07 pm

What I understand to be Woody's point can be best explained by looking at one of the links he noted. www.woodystaxidermy.com.
On there we post many pictures of live deer in their own Enviorment.
I and many other hunters have a "love affair with most wildlife", if it's not a shooter I try and "get it" with my camera and I can't seem to see enough of them, even in photos :)
Check out the Bragging Board Forum on Woodys to see what I mean :wink:

Leo

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:41 pm

Yep,

There are LOTS of other pictures to share besides our trophies.
Woody Williams

Kern

Post by Kern » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:19 pm

Hey Woody...that only works because you are "uploading" the pic from your computer to the server hosting the web site. Just like the MSN photo gallery or yahoo album. You cant write html code that targets a file on a conputer that is not available to the "NET".

Its easy enough to sign up for a MSN account or yahoo account and uload your pics to the NET...then you can link to them here with the html code. :)

Kern

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:01 pm

Without a doubt this is the best Excalibur forum yet! Hope to be around here for a long time.

DJ test

Post by DJ test » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:50 pm

Nice forum.Hope we can keep the subjects to crossbows and promoting the use of them in all areas.Heading moose hunting Oct 16th so will have to catch up when I get back.Good hunting to all and remember we set our own examples as hunters.

OneShot

Post by OneShot » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:30 pm

Hi !

Nice setup .

Can I assume that the old site is history and are we all coming to this one for good ?

OneShot..........

SpartaJim

Post by SpartaJim » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:26 pm

OneShot -

Your assumption is correct.

Bill Lynn

Post by Bill Lynn » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:21 pm

Hi, guys. Glad to be back. The Compaq computer/future bolt backstop crashed, and it took a while to replace it. The new site looks great, and will be a great asset to all of us. Hunting report from the Ozarks: to date, Keith and I have one deer in the freezer, but expect better luck this weekend. We finally got some decent weather for hunting, and have been taking advantage of it. FYI, the ol' "Chairman" will be back in the saddle (so to speak) next weekend. Here's wishing him lots of luck on his return to the hunting field. :D

10Ring

Old Forum

Post by 10Ring » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:09 pm

:?: Do we have any idea of when the old forum will shut down and "cease to be? :?:
10Ring

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:16 pm

I'd like to see it stay for awhile so we can go back and do searches for the good stuff. Sort of an archive...
Woody Williams