Welcome to our new discussion group - from Bill

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Digger

old forum

Post by Digger » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:26 pm

I to hope they keep the old forum around for a while, I've been back a half dozen times to search for different items.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity

Arthur

Post by Arthur » Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:49 pm

Hadn't been around in a long while and thought I'd check in and see what you fellers are up to. Y'all done went and changed stuff up!!! :shock:

I was wondering if the new forum would ever kick off and, at long last, here it is. Pretty spiffy.

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:02 pm

Arthur,

Where have you been? Out killing deer??

Welcome back and start posting... :wink:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

Arthur

Post by Arthur » Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:13 am

Naw, Woody. I wish I was out killing deer but I haven't been able to get away from those stinkin' doctors.

Haven't been posting because I got beat up pretty bad on a couple of vertical bow forums, talking about vertical bows at that. (Hint: Don't ever get on a vert forum and suggest that adding arrow weight can be a good thing to do!) So, I've just been laying low, licking my wounds and taking a break from all the forums for a while.

Figgered it was about time to dust off the keyboard and see what's up. Time to nock the dust off my crossbow too. Haven't had a chance to shoot it in a couple months now...

10Ring

Post by 10Ring » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:51 am

Arthur

Hope you bring your experiences with doctors to a suitable and successfull conclusion soon.

As for those other forums, I have found some folks on some of the shooting and archery forums seem to have a very short fuze; they can't seem to figure out some things just aren't worth getting all cranked up about. :?

I don't think you'll get much comment on arrow weight here :) except advise not to go under the 350 grain recommended minimum weight.

By all means, knock the dust off that "evil ol' dart gun" :twisted: , launch some bolts off it and let us know how you are doing.

Regards
10Ring

BIG DUMMY

Post by BIG DUMMY » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:29 am

barbara

is their any way to use spell check here ? ( i'm known as big dummy for a reason !)

really enjoy this site .

bd

Barbara

Spell Check

Post by Barbara » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:00 pm

Sorry Arthur - no spell check.

CROSSBOW HUNTER

I'm glad see to see a forum for crossbow hunters like myself

Post by CROSSBOW HUNTER » Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:24 pm

I just want to say that I'm happy that Excalibur Crossbow has this forum maybe other crossbow mfg. should take a look at getting one started for their brand. I recently started a group that feature only to the crossbow hunters as there is not many places you can get together and chat and to share stories, tips , and photos of their hunts.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crossbowhunters/
Once again thanks! :D

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:40 am

Bill & Kath

Very happy to discover the Excalibur crossbow, the crossbow I should have bought 15 years ago.Thanks for such a great hunting tool.
Ontario Trophy Bucks

GaryL

Post by GaryL » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:13 pm

:lol: For those that need a spell check as I do :shock: I can tell ya what I do :roll: I fire up Microsoft Works Word Processor and let it run in the back ground, then when I need it I just click on the task, spell the word cut and paste :wink: :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:33 am

GaryL wrote::lol: For those that need a spell check as I do :shock: I can tell ya what I do :roll: I fire up Microsoft Works Word Processor and let it run in the back ground, then when I need it I just click on the task, spell the word cut and paste :wink: :twisted:
GaryL,

Thanks for the spell check information :) I wont have to edit my posts as much now :lol: :lol:
Ontario Trophy Bucks

wild1kitty4u

crossbow

Post by wild1kitty4u » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:01 pm

can i hunt whitetails with a crossbow in new york.

10Ring

Re: crossbow

Post by 10Ring » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:49 pm

wild1kitty4u wrote:can i hunt whitetails with a crossbow in new york.
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwm ... nting.html

Partial quote from site listed.......

It is illegal to take or hunt wildlife:

* with a bow equipped with any mechanical device which is attached to the bow (other than the bowstring) for drawing, holding or releasing the bowstring except for a physically disabled person in possession of a Handicapped Archer Permit (compound bows are legal).

* with a spear gun or crossbow except for a physically disabled person in possession of a Modified Crossbow Permit.

* with an arrow with an explosive head or shaft.

* with any device designed or intended to deliver drugs to an animal.
10Ring

DaveHawk

Post by DaveHawk » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:45 pm

I haven't been here for a while, Had 2 months off to hunt this year and spent allot of time bringing in the meat . I like the new set up , nice job.

Hoss

Oklahoma crossbowfolk

Post by Hoss » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:03 pm

Hey this is really nice to have a support group for the bowman and bowwoman. My wife and I are 2nd year crossbowers. we love it...hoorah
HOSS[/url][/b]