Archives

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Would you like to see all old threads moved to the Archives folder? If so, how old?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:26 pm

Yes. 4 Months after the last post
No votes
Yes. 3 Months after the last post
56%
Yes. 2 Months after the last post
6%
Yes. 1 Month after the last post
33%
No. Leave all threads in the original forum
6%

Total votes: 18

Barbara

Archives

Post by Barbara » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:26 pm

I have created an Archive so I can move old threads (like Trophy Room announcements) out of the main forum.

Would you like to see all old threads moved to the Archives? If so, how long after the last post? Please take the poll.

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:12 am

Barb,

Before I vote could you tell us how and how easy/difficult it is to access the archives for a search?

TIA
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:46 am

What is the purpose and/or benefit of archiving and moving old posts out of the main forum? Will it improve speed and functionality?

Barbara

Purpose of Archiving

Post by Barbara » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:38 am

To answer both Woody & ComfyBear, moving old threads to an Archive might streamline searches.

If you go the the search page, you will notice that you are able to select searching only in the Excalibur forum, searching only the Archives or searhing in both (All Forums).

We could further streamline things by creating one dated Archive for every 6 months of posts. That way you could select how far back you wanted your search to go.

If you think this would be helpful to you, then I will archive the older threads. If not, I'll just leave it as is.

GaryL

Post by GaryL » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:35 pm

I think it would be a good :idea: Barbara.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

SpartaJim

Post by SpartaJim » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:34 am

Barbara -

An archive would be a definite benefit to the discussion group. The ability to maintain data without overloading the current posting area would make ease use of the board much easier.

There is no need to archive material to rapidly (i.e., one month after posting), but on the other hand there is no need to let the number of postings become too excessive.

This forum is less than three month sold and we already have 12 pages of entries.

My recommendation would be to archive topics that are three months old from the time of last entry.

On another thought regarding an archive, have you had any luck regarding capturing the previous forums that we have had. If I remember correctly, one of our members (Evan) has stated that he has/had copies of most of the previous three forums before this forum became active. It would really be nice if we could access the previous information that has been posted here over the past 2 or 3 years.

A special "THANK YOU for all the devotion and assistance you provide our forum. Hope all is well for you and yours and that your daughter is doing much better these days.

Happy Holidays