Little Guy Needs Your Help........

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Steve Pray

Little Guy Needs Your Help........

Post by Steve Pray » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:03 pm

I'm hoping someone here (maybe the Excaliber folks) can help us out. Some of you may remember me from the old discussion board but I am the President of Benefit4Kids and we work to grant the outdoor wishes of terminally ill and life limited children.

I have a soon to be 9-year old boy from Georgia that is suffering from a malignent brain tumor that we are granting an Outdoor Wish to. His wish is to go Bear hunting in the fall. Time is of the essence in granting Chase his wish. Georgia's Northern zone archery season opens in mid Sept and the gun season not until late Nov. From what I have been able to find out about the type of tumor he has we NEED to do this hunt in Sept. but Chase is far to small to shoot a bow of sufficient weight to take a bear with effectively. That's where I need your help.

We need a crossbow that Chase can use for his bear hunt if he survives long enough to go hunting. We are setting up a "scouting trip" for him at the end of Jan. so that no matter what he'll get to see some bears out in the wild. Please remember that this crossbow will be used by a 9-year old that is pretty small in stature so it must be something fairly lightweight for him to be able to handle it. I don't know the first thing about setting up a crossbow but if someone could help us out with some techy jargon I'm sure I could get it set up for him to use.

Also if someone would be willing to donate such a crossbow to Benefit4Kids I would gladly give them a receipt for the full value to use as a tax right off. This would enable us to have it available for other kids to use in the future if needed. Please if anyone can help us out in granting Chase his "Outdoor Wish" please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 810-387-0454 anytime. Thanks Folks.

Steve Pray
President, Benefit4Kids
www.b4k.org[/url]

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:39 pm

Steve,

Bill T is the owner of Excalibur and hence this site. If you search the memberlist you will find him and you can send him a private message via this forum. Alternatively you can go to www.excaliburcrossbow.com and find a link on "contact us". If nothing else I can assure you that you will get a prompt response.

I wish I could help you directly. I hope this hunt is a resounding success for the young lad.

Thank you for your continued worthwhile efforts in this regard.

Merry Christmas,

Mike

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:43 pm

Also, to all you crossbowers,

I will donate a cheque towards the purchase of a new Vixen for this purpose. If enough members will match my efforts, it should be easy to accomplish.

Let me know if you guys will join in with me.

Mike

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:55 pm

Absolutely!!

You can count on me for sure.

That would be quite a thrill for the young man to take a bear with a crossbow.

He not only needs our help but our prayers. Reading between Steve's lines it sounds like it will be a close call to get to September.

My prayers and support are with him....

Steve,

I'll whip him up a dozen arrows, field points & broadheads. Just let me know where to send them.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

GaryL

Post by GaryL » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:01 pm

Red Label Absolutely!! will help on this end :!: Just let me know :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:09 pm

Red Label,

Looks like you just got elected POINT MAN!!
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:09 pm

Guys,

If you want, I have no problem administering this but I've never done anything like this before. Here is what I propose:

I will collect all cheques and money orders payable to Steve's organization and send them to him when I collect all the contributions. You guys will need to tell me in advance what payments are coming and provide your full name and address to me with your payment so credit can be given where credit is due.

We can put a cutoff date on it, and I will mail every payment to Steve Pray all together with our list of names from this Excalibur site. Or maybe a local retailer will cut us a good deal on a bow and we can get enough together to cover the cost entirely.

Mike

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:30 pm

Post your adress and my check will be on the way....
Woody Williams

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:02 pm

Woody, thanks for stepping up to the plate.

You have my postal address via private message.
I will provide it privately for any other users wanting to contribute as well.
Just send me a private message and we'll get this baby rolling.

Let's jump in and make something happen here, guys. It's not much to ask at this time of year.

cheers, Mike

R.J. not logged in

Post by R.J. not logged in » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:17 pm

Mike : Count me in ... just let me know what you need when I get back to Canada 12-20-02.

Another option is you could discuss with Steve P. and choose a suitable Excalibur Model (even if you pick an Exocet someone could cock it for the young lad ). I could prepay the purchase at The Bow Shop and arrange shipping to Steve's organization. I could settle up the account when all contributions are in . (may be easier this way).

I'm sure you will find a large percentage of forum members pitching in so we should be able to get a suitable crossbow decked out with all the bells and wistles.

Anyway ... you decide how you want to do it ... whatever works out best ..

When you hear about someone so young with that type of burden ...

" There but for the grace of God go I "

See Ya. R.J. Wed. 12:20pm 12-18-02 JPN time of post.

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:28 pm

R.J.

Thanks, we will discuss on your return.

I'm going to collect checks for B4K for now from any forum members who ask me for my P.O. Box.

If we can cut a deal with George at the Bow Shop, all the better!
Woody's working another angle too.

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming!

Mike

P.S. I emailed Steve and told him we were working on something for him.

Don

Post by Don » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:30 pm

Mike,

Can't afford a big contribution, but can send some. Let us know how and where to send the doe, LOL.

US or canadian money order?

Don :lol:

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:35 pm

Thanks Don,

you have my address now!

I guess Canadians can send CDN $$ and US folks can send US $$.

It will all get sorted out in the end.

Thanks guys, keep it rolling!

Mike

Don

Post by Don » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:06 pm

Okay All;

Look at it this way at archers nook an Exocet, with maxZone scope package goes for $842.38 Cdn tax included or $543.86 US.

Divide that by the 180 registered users of this site and that comes to $4.68 Cdn or $3.02 US.

Next time you go to the archery store to buy a dozen bolts just buy 11 and send the other bolts worth of money to a kid who will only ever get to hunt once in his lifetime. He will only get to feel the joy that we feel in the woods once in his life. But only if we help.

I am sending a little more because I can and if someone else can't send theirs send a prayer instead.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Consider what you would like someone like yourself to do if it was your kid on the other end of this story.

Do it for Chase and all the other kids who will come after him.

Don :cry:

BigBear

Post by BigBear » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:34 pm

Mike, count me in as well :!: I'd be more than willing to give a helping hand :!: Just give me the word, and I'll be there... :wink:
Big Bear
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/norbel/Relayery25.jpg[/img]