Ottawa paves way for Quebec to get gun registry data

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
IronNoggin

Ottawa paves way for Quebec to get gun registry data

Post by IronNoggin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Federal Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale tabled a bill in the Commons today that will allow the province to look at information from the registry if the legislation passes in the Commons and the Senate.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ottawa-pav ... -1.3451866

How is it possible for the Liberal government to give Quebec gun registry data deleted by the RCMP no later than April 12, 2015? :HUH?:

https://christopherdiarmani.com/12769/p ... committee/

Interesting question. The registry was required by law to be deleted, yet someone kept a copy ILLEGALLY. Who kept it, and will they face any consequences?

Shaking my head yet again...
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

kamont

Re: Ottawa paves way for Quebec to get gun registry data

Post by kamont » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Who cares, the minute that the registration of long guns stopped, all that info became useless.

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 pm

kamont wrote:Who cares, the minute that the registration of long guns stopped, all that info became useless.
Well... You should care Kamont. This action tells you in detail that the present government has unilaterally decided to over-rule the country's highest court. Not once, but twice. For the Canadian Supreme Court tendered their decision that Quebec was NOT entitled to the data set, and that said data set be destroyed in its' entirety more than two years ago.

By their actions, the lieberals threw both of those rulings out the window, and ran with the matter as they saw fit (and be damned with the law).

Illegal. Period. :shock:

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

kamont

Post by kamont » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:42 pm

I can agree on the government part, ( as you know they are above the law) but as far as giving up the registration of long guns, that information is totally useless. I have bought and sold many guns since and have never kept a record of who or what. I seen proof of Pal as required by law, and good to go. :D

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:37 am

I agree about the data should have been destroyed! I live in Quebec, and personally the government is trying to keep the anti-gun people happy and if and when they do start the gun registry the anti-gun people should pay the bill not the legal gun owners. Why you ask? I don't care about registering my firearms but I don't agree to pay for it just to keep them people happy!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Okay, I'm not going to nice this up I'm just going to say it. WHEN DID WE, AS MEN, CANADIANS, HUNTERS AND SPORT SHOOTERS BECOME SUCH A DAMN BUNCH OF SHEEPLE!!!???? How does anyone reading this feel anything but complete outrage? Personally, I am NOT okay with having to register my firearms, I will NOT bend my will for fear of offending someone who I have no respect for anyway and I do NOT want the government illegally keeping information it was ordered by the courts to destroy. We are in a damn mess and it's going down the toilet faster and faster. Write letters, contact your mp and send letters to our degenerate leader. This is NOT okay! :?

Paul

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Belive me when I say here in Quebec gun lobbist, gun clubs etc all made a formal complaint and I myself have sign many petitions to abolish or not start up a gun registor but these antis are crying louder so the news media are having a field day with these antis! But really We won't win so I just don't care as long I don't have to pay the rights.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

jd4223

Post by jd4223 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:12 am

paulaboutform wrote:Okay, I'm not going to nice this up I'm just going to say it. WHEN DID WE, AS MEN, CANADIANS, HUNTERS AND SPORT SHOOTERS BECOME SUCH A DAMN BUNCH OF SHEEPLE!!!???? How does anyone reading this feel anything but complete outrage? Personally, I am NOT okay with having to register my firearms, I will NOT bend my will for fear of offending someone who I have no respect for anyway and I do NOT want the government illegally keeping information it was ordered by the courts to destroy. We are in a damn mess and it's going down the toilet faster and faster. Write letters, contact your mp and send letters to our degenerate leader. This is NOT okay! :?

Paul
No offense to my brother Canadians,but when your country still pledges allegiance to the Queen(Mother),you will always remain as subjects,not citizens like us here in the U.S.A.....lol This is why we celebrate Independence Day!

Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:05 am

ihunt wrote:But really We won't win so I just don't care as long I don't have to pay the rights.
Oh, we are soooo gonna pay. I'll bet my pay check we will be paying for all firearm transfers.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Bullzeye wrote:
ihunt wrote:But really We won't win so I just don't care as long I don't have to pay the rights.
Oh, we are soooo gonna pay. I'll bet my pay check we will be paying for all firearm transfers.
Your right the quebec government will find a way to make money out of it and waste it on something else and say it's costing them too much so we have to raise the price!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers