Trail cam crap

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
elkaholic

Re: Trail cam crap

Post by elkaholic » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:47 pm

sorry you are getting droned -- 12 ga shotgun can a have a lasting impression on that ufo and its owner

sproulman

Post by sproulman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:30 pm

elkaholic wrote:sorry you are getting droned -- 12 ga shotgun can a have a lasting impression on that ufo and its owner

Sad thing is they are spying on ya for sure too...Some are really quite ,,i saw one that looked like it went way up near clouds so high I could not see it..School had their doors open and one flew in and came out the other end taking pictures ..

We had bass tournament and wife was using one to call her husband on what we were using and where on lake while tournament was going on..

Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 pm

elkaholic wrote:sorry you are getting droned -- 12 ga shotgun can a have a lasting impression on that ufo and its owner
If there was one over my house it wouldn't be leaving the property...
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:48 am

Trail camera's are a great tool. But remember it is only that, a tool. You will only see what the camera shows you, not what the camera missed. In other words, just because the camera does not take a picture does not mean there is no deer there.

I use to build my own IR trail camera and belong o a few forums. We used to do tests with store bought and homemade. Open fields as well as wood lot and you would not believe the differences in them. Homemade would always out proform mass produced items.

Remember, commercial units are to make money so they try to cut costs. If they cut costs on the Mega Pixels, people will notice that and go elsewhere so they use cheaper sensors, sensors that will likely miss events. If a camera has 8 deer pass by in an evening and 4akes a picture of 3 of them, the user will think great I got 3 pics, not knowing about the 5 the camera missed. Another fault with many commercial cams is the delay after they take a pic, even if the sensor records an event, the camera is not ready to take a pic.

But, seing 3 pic's ia better then not seing any.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]

Patcon

Post by Patcon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Tom,
Why did you quit making cameras?
I have looked into this but wasn't sure I wanted to try to "reinvent the wheel" with my limited free time...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly

Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:25 pm

I have 2 Wild game Innovation cameras, both were replaced once but now they work mostly. Have to open the battery compartment to reset them after you change cards every time or they won't work next time. They have been out for over a year and do take nice video and battery life is decent. That red light is alarming to the the deer so I set mine very high angled down so it's not in their sight line. :shock: You do get what you paid for... :roll:

elkaholic

Post by elkaholic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:53 pm

Wallyn world has cheapy tasco 6 mp for $24 - got one put it out during rut hunt in wisc. takes decent pictures - enough to know if its a shooter or not. cold didn't seem to bother it.

came back to PHx bought 5 more - cheap enough if someone steals it not out a lot of money 24 camera 8 dollrs 8gb card

they are close to sporting goods in a display --Christmas display box says sports / tools with a bunch of chrismas gift specials

grab afew if you see it at your local wallyworld