C2 Crank Rope Broke - Micro 355 OK?

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
Mnlc901

C2 Crank Rope Broke - Micro 355 OK?

Post by Mnlc901 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

I was cocking my Micro 355 and hadn't put in the "fire" position and broke the rope. The bowstring was stopped by the anti-dryfire device. I couldn't find any damage and used the rope cocker for the next several shots. My first shot after the incident was about three inches low, so I sighted it back in and it seemed fine and consistent the several shots.

I'm wondering if there was any damage I may not have seen? I love my my Excalibur. It shoots great and handles greats and I'm hoping I didn't hurt it. Did I damage the scope due it being off after the rope broke?

Thanks for the help.

Bcxbow

Re: C2 Crank Rope Broke - Micro 355 OK?

Post by Bcxbow » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 pm

It is more than likely ok if you did not notice anything visually but just to be sure take a couple of regular dry cotton balls and rub them everywhere across your limbs. The cotton will get caught and leave little fuzz balls if there are any hard to see splinters.
BD400
HHA Optimizer, Hawke XB1 SR
18" BEA ZS,
Spitfires, Magnus Black Hornet
Strings by Boo, VM, nchunterkw

Mnlc901

Post by Mnlc901 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Thank you for the advice. I went over it and noticed some small abnormalities that I could scratch off with my fingernail, but nothing that appeared to be a splinter.

BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 pm

All the limbs I have seen have some abnormalities because of the molding process and materials used. As far as damage, Im sure the limbs were not damaged. The only things you need to check is your center serving where the ADF caught it, and also the ADF screws, scope screws. I would also recommend removing the 2 screws that hold the stock and rail together and check the 2 trigger mount screws.

Ron
Matrix 310/330 Snuffy II~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~TT~Tombstone Case.
36" All Weather Tactical Case. Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver
Strings by Boo ~ 8ptbuk..
http://www.freewebs.com/kingdomushers/
Matthew 25:50 & 51

W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:00 pm

If your scope mount screws are not TIGHT when your adf catches your string . the string will move your mounting bracket . that is what happens when the adf is deployed . not to worry.
W.M.