C.I.L .22 rifle question

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
hankenhunter

C.I.L .22 rifle question

Post by hankenhunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:58 pm

I was recently given a CIL .22 repeater by an old fellow who senses his time is near. He told me he wanted someone who would use it, not put it away and forget about it. It has an old 4 power leupold. The rifle says made in Brazil. Any one ever own one or have any info. I would like to find a deserving youth hunter to give it to but would like more information good or bad before I decide. The rifling seems to be in great shape so that isnt a worry. It's dependability I'm wondering about. Thanks folks,
Hank
2010 Equinox The "Beast"
Big John's Zombies with helical blazers
S-5 string stoppers
150 gr. boltcutters, 145 gr. Saunders blunts
Dead zone scope
Vixen master string
DaGriz knife

janesy

Re: C.I.L .22 rifle question

Post by janesy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm

CIL stands for Canadian Industries Limited.
It was a subsidery of a British chemical manufacturer... iCL or something similar. They still make chemicals as far as i recall
It was a blanket company of sorts and back in the day they sold firearms that were manufactured by parker-hale.

Similar to Cooey/winchesters alignment. All of the big departments(catalog) store back in the day were retailing firearms branded for them but manufactured by others.

That's about as finite info as I can recall. I have retailed CIL products before and thay how i know the jist of the company info. The firearm info itself i cannot help with. But you may have better luck researching it as a parker-hale model, as they would have only changed the name. Similar to how cooeys were retailed through Wolco, before being bougjt out by winchester, then the sales went to Sears instead. Dont quote me on dates and details LOL, j wasnt even born yet
Matrix 355 (sold :( )
Micro-Mod 360 (currently under the knife)
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.

hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Thanks janesy. :D
Hank
2010 Equinox The "Beast"
Big John's Zombies with helical blazers
S-5 string stoppers
150 gr. boltcutters, 145 gr. Saunders blunts
Dead zone scope
Vixen master string
DaGriz knife

janesy

Post by janesy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Because my curiousty never slows down i did a bit of reading. It could be a parker-hale, winchester, anschutz, savage, boito and about anyone willing to stamp CIL on the barrel LOL.
Doesnt make it a bad gun. But certainly an interesting story. I like these types of mysteries, I have my fathers cooey 600 in its original box that he bought from Wolco. Saved up from a paper route, took the bus to the depot and picked it up from the mail order. Its not worth $100, but the history when a 12 year old could ride a bus alone, forget about ordering and picking up a gun ! Haha.
Days of long gone times.
Matrix 355 (sold :( )
Micro-Mod 360 (currently under the knife)
Micro 315 fully jambed!
It so hard to choose... Just get one of everything.