Hunting the Beverley Swamp

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hunting the Beverley Swamp

Postby jeff » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:16 am

Has anyone done any hunting in the Beverley Swamp north of Hamilton? I have heard that there are lots of deer there but its a huge area. Went for a stroll this past Sunday in the snow looking for track but found nothing but rabits and fox tracks. Where do you hunt if you have hunted there and have you had any luck?
later
jeff
jeff

Postby wildfowlhunting » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:39 pm

Where specifically is Beverly swamp? Anything north of Hamilton is Lake Ontario then Toronto :?:
wildfowlhunting

Postby Kern » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:41 am

look in WMU 87D...

Kern
Kern

Re: Hunting the Beverley Swamp

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:55 pm

I don,t often tell people where I hunt . But... I have become so tired with the amount of anti-hunting adittude I have been getting since I moved to Hamilton. I think that it is time to stop acting like we are in the wrong to enjoy hunting. So I will tell you were I hunt in the hope that you become another person who knows the thrill of the hunt and passes it on to others. There are two roads that can get you into the middle Beverley swamp. Take the dirt one, to the bridge and walk across the bridge from were you park. As soon as you are across the bridge turn right and Walk about 15 to 25 minutes into the trail. Around there you will see a couple of large trees. This is were you will find your deer!! The best of luck!

Postby 00Buck » Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:26 pm

Guest, thats mitty white of u to share such a place. With that I hope you get that trophy u r looking for.. Jeff I have been hunting for 4 yrs heavy, every chance I get Im out there. Let me tell you there is more deer here in southern ontario, typically in the Peel Halton Hamilton corridor so look no further. If your looking for alternate locations try any agreement forest in the regions. Once u pick on that u feel has potential get into it and study it. With little effort at all and a nice walk u begin to map that area and figure out a pattern, remember the predominant wind patterns and find a great set up downwind of the hot spot. I have found that the deer in these areas are almost human conditioned. There are so many tree hugging dogwalkers and such that the deer mearly stop, let the people by and carry on like nothing happened. Find a good trail and dont shoot the first thing you see. Your success in in your backyard.. Run with it.. Remember any shot is a good shot, dont chase your quary wait 1.5-2.0 hrs if you dont see or hear them crash and u will get the trophy, believe me done 4 times.. I have a great tracking story if you would like to hear it... Good Luck
00Buck

Postby jeff » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:47 am

Thanks guys. Looking forward to spending some time out there over the next month and a bit. I usually leave most of my deer hunting to December as I'm usually spending most of my time bear hunting. I've also hunting for deer in Caledon. Had some luck there two years ago. Problem with that area is that it's a friend that has the permission to hunt some private property. It was through this friend that I found out about the Beverly. He has hunted it before and had mentioned that there are lots of deer there. Living in Oakville make this a good alternate for me. I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks again

later
jeff
jeff

Return to Current Forum Archives