Twilight DLX opinions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

GrassyKnoll

Twilight DLX opinions

Post by GrassyKnoll » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:28 am

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new scope. I currently have 3 XBR's that are tied up on other bows and I'm looking for something close to them as far as light gathering and clear sharp glass..

How is the Twilight DLX scope? Is the glass clean and sharp edge to edge? Are they water proof?
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech, 16 3/16" Zombies, Blazers with Lumenoks, and Ramcats.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR, 20" Zombies, Blazers with Lumenoks, and Ramcats.

bigbowman

Re: Twilight DLX opinions

Post by bigbowman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 am

From what I've read, that is the Best scope that Excalibur has sold or does sell. I've been wanting this very scope for some time now but really don't need it that bad as for the price! Good luck!
Vixen II
Axiom
Black Eagle Spynal Tapps
Black Eagle Executioners
NuFletch Archery "Ignitor" Lighted Nocks
NAP Swingblade, Rage Hypodermics and Shwackers

ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:25 am

Put one on my Exomax in October of this year. Killed 5 deer with it so far. I really like it’s performance in low light. Pulled it up and down my tree while hunting many times with no problem. Holds zero after many practice shots and being bounced around in my boat while hunting.

Expensive but I got tired of cheap optics and like Excalibur’s no pain Warranty. With their name on it you can’t go wrong.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax with Twlight DLX
Firebolts with NuFletch Ignitor Lighted Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 grain Broadheads

GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am

ko4nrbs wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:25 am
Put one on my Exomax in October of this year. Killed 5 deer with it so far. I really like it’s performance in low light. Pulled it up and down my tree while hunting many times with no problem. Holds zero after many practice shots and being bounced around in my boat while hunting.

Expensive but I got tired of cheap optics and like Excalibur’s no pain Warranty. With their name on it you can’t go wrong.

Bill
Do you find the glass clear and sharp edge to edge?
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech, 16 3/16" Zombies, Blazers with Lumenoks, and Ramcats.
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR, 20" Zombies, Blazers with Lumenoks, and Ramcats.

Back strap

Post by Back strap » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm

This scope deserves the name Twilight. It proved itself last hunting season. Killed 8 point before Sunrise 25 to 30 minutes. Another time had Hogs come to feeder right after sunset 45 minutes later got tired of watching them turned red light on shot a nice sow right at 30 yards. Better than my Leopold gold with the red light turned on. Awesome scope
Matrix 405/ air brakes/ Twilight scope/ Vixen master string/ Munch mount/ aircurve 3 kwikee kwiver/ 18 in spinal tapps/ aluminum nock/ sk300 vanes/ 110 brass insert/100 grain ramcat. Huntin Fishin Lovin everyday. AKA-BUCKY

gerald strine

Post by gerald strine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:52 pm

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am
ko4nrbs wrote:

Bill
I have one of the very first ones that was produced and no it is not clear to the edges I was very disappointed after spending that kind of money that it was not, That being said It is the best scope for my taste as far as the recital set up is concerned I like the aiming cheverons bigger than the tact zone models easier to see them in poor light in fact I can see them untill it is really time to go because it is just dark dark flashlite time.I wish the Lighted retical had a lower setting but to tell the truth I get buy fine with out it as the bigger chevrons are picked up untill hunting hours are over and it is to dark to really shot because small twigs and such that could deflect shots in the cover i hunt are getting hard to see anyhow.
It has less clutter in view than the Tact zones / hawks which I like and has held its zero very well.
All in all I am just disappointed that the middle of the view is clear but quite a bit of the outer edge is a blur but I have not found any x bow scope that has everything I want but this comes close.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.

Back strap

Post by Back strap » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Got mine in June 2017 . Lights are adjustable and view is clear and sharp inside to out side edge
Matrix 405/ air brakes/ Twilight scope/ Vixen master string/ Munch mount/ aircurve 3 kwikee kwiver/ 18 in spinal tapps/ aluminum nock/ sk300 vanes/ 110 brass insert/100 grain ramcat. Huntin Fishin Lovin everyday. AKA-BUCKY

gerald strine

Post by gerald strine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:38 pm

yes they are waterprof.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Sew posted about a new scope that sounded very promising. I'll bump it up so it should be right above this thread. I would recommend this over the DLX.. I have a few vortex viper XB-R scopes as well as a Hawke xb30 pro sr and it's actually excellent. I suggest checking it out as a better alternative for a great price.

Paul

Paul

Goose52

Post by Goose52 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:10 am

I like my dlx for all the reasons mentioned above.... i have only sighted in on 1 buck during questionable light and the lighted reticle really threw me off for a second... like SEW said about illuminated reticle on the trophy ridge " Absolutely, it is adjustable. It goes from too bright to way too bright."! think i'll leave it turned on for awhile and run the battery down some. But that's the only issue i've had with mine. i really like the reticle & the chevrons otherwise.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Illuminated Quills
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE

ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:08 am

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am
ko4nrbs wrote:

Bill
Can't honestly say. I was so focused on the reticle I didn't notice. I really like the reticles. Very easy to sight with them.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax with Twlight DLX
Firebolts with NuFletch Ignitor Lighted Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 grain Broadheads

GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks guys for all the feedback.. :) :)

I ordered one on Amazon ( had a couple of gift cards ), and they have a great return policy.. If it's not up to my expectation within reason I'll return it. I don't expect XBR clarity but we'll see what we get. I should have it Thursday and will report back...

Normous

Post by Normous » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 am

I think you will be pleased with the DLX. I used one for 3 seasons and could not find any fault in that scope price range.
EXCALFFLICTION Since 1991 ->>------------> 2018
Matrix Blackout 405 & 355 for Her
Kustom Krug Micro 355
Leupold VX-R 2-7 Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

gerald strine

Post by gerald strine » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 am

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:28 am

I ordered one on Amazon ( had a couple of gift cards ), and they have a great return policy.. If it's not up to my expectation within reason I'll return it. I don't expect XBR clarity but we'll see what we get. I should have it Thursday and will report back...
Let us know if the new ones are clear to the edge.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.

GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 am
GrassyKnoll wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:28 am

Let us know if the new ones are clear to the edge.
Will do... :)