For those of you waiting for Excal's new STS style system...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OkXbowHunter

Re: For those of you waiting for Excal's new STS style syste

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Those look pretty cool. I just hope they're made properly to begin with and don't require a bunch of modification to work right!! You know...like another brand of STS....

Also, will those grooved stoppers rotate? You know, like they do on another brand of STS.... Or will they stay put like they should, shot after shot?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

OkXbowHunter wrote:Those look pretty cool. I just hope they're made properly to begin with and don't require a bunch of modification to work right!! You know...like another brand of STS....

Also, will those grooved stoppers rotate? You know, like they do on another brand of STS.... Or will they stay put like they should, shot after shot?
I got lucky, bought one of the NGSS before he was run off, that one will be hard to beat.
For Excalibur to improve on the original STS all they needed was a cross-eyed 5 year old girl with a Barbi in one hand and a ball peen hammer in the other. :D

I am guessing this new version will be what we need, also with the endorsement of Excalibur.
Last edited by Pydpiper on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

sure it mounts to the same holes on the riser but that is bout it....there's mounts from under the riser where excal's mounts on top of the riser....not a copyright infringment issue i see with excal's STS, i think excal just needs to name it different then STS system :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
strum

Post by strum »

I know thers alot of questions but my input..
It just lookes like it belongs!!!
Very well made . I like the concave shape.
it doesnt look very adjustable but it also looks like it doesnt
need any adjustment ..im sure Bill T. has spent the time and research needed to make this a home run item..
everyone will want one ..I know i do!!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sure looks good, :( it won't fit miss vixen. She no gotstid any holes fer bolt in Riser!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
strum

Post by strum »

vixenmaster wrote:Sure looks good, :( it won't fit miss vixen. She no gotstid any holes fer bolt in Riser!
send er to me ill put yew some hole in that thar vixen
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Hate to counter everyone but the original STS system actually matches better the lines of the Excalibur bow...lines which are squared/angled. The STS's lines are also squared/angled, and thus match up with the Excalibur bow. The Excalibur STS version, on the other hand, is round. The swooping lines to the bumper are also round, which does not match the squared/angled lines of the crossbow.
secret

Post by secret »

What does a sts do anyway? I still havent even changed a string yet ....1000s of shots..can someone explain?
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

strum wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Sure looks good, :( it won't fit miss vixen. She no gotstid any holes fer bolt in Riser!
send er to me ill put yew some hole in that thar vixen
Not on yer Bibby, as many Deaf Tick Toters as she has killed!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

secret wrote:What does a sts do anyway? I still havent even changed a string yet ....1000s of shots..can someone explain?
Where your bow string sits at rest is your "brace height", the string is drawn over the rail away from the brace height to obtain energy.
When the string is released it will quickly want to get back to the brace height, due to the speed and energy it will pass the brace height, then bounce back, then back again. This happens many times in just a second. We call that "vibration".
A string suppressor will stop the string when it gets back to the original brace height, the first time. The energy that would normally be used to shake the crap out of the bow, and you, is transferred to the rubber bumpers, which are far more efficient at absorbing and transferring the energy of the limbs and string.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
secret

Post by secret »

Thanks Pydpiper!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
GaryDowdy

Post by GaryDowdy »

I hope it fits my Exomag. If so, I'll be buying a set!!!
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

hi peter, mate will they be already set at the recommended brace height without the cut & tuck the other models need from the opposition (sts). hey they look great cant wait to get my hands on them. regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
warydragon

Post by warydragon »

I want to use the "ground pounder" quiver mount and the new "STS" type string dampener on my Phoenix. It would be nice if the new string dampener could mount from the bottom so the ground pounder could mount on top.

Will replacement rubber tips for the new Excalibur dampener be available?

Thanks,

Fred
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It will be as simple as grinding the string stoppers mount flat, or grinding the uprights to the Groundpounder mount concave. Any machine shop could do either procedure inexpensively.
There has been no mention of replacement rubber, but I am sure there will be replacement, 100% sure actually.
warydragon wrote:I want to use the "ground pounder" quiver mount and the new "STS" type string dampener on my Phoenix. It would be nice if the new string dampener could mount from the bottom so the ground pounder could mount on top.

Will replacement rubber tips for the new Excalibur dampener be available?

Thanks,

Fred
WMU 91
Boo string