Rage BH's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Rage BH's

Post by vixenmaster »

I have these 5 100gr Rage 2 bladed BH's that Planter sent me to try out. Thar were 6 but he must have ruined one & the other he shot had no O ring & blades needed some resharping. These are the most aggrivatin BH's i have ever fooled wid. The O ring will not keep the blades retained. So i have taken some red sewing thread & double wrapped them where them small notches are & tied them. I wouldn't give a you a Dime fer a barrel of these sorry excuses fer good BH's. Don't matter what damage they may do to an animal you gotstid to get them there & accurately enuff to kill them! :x
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
masboy

Re: Rage BH's

Post by masboy »

I gave my son the five I had left could,t take any more aggravation!
Normous

Post by Normous »

They work simple and effective for me. The little inspection I do before loading them on deck is no trouble. A dental elastic up front keep the blades seated. I have also resharpened the blades too with my Lansky. The O-rings are easy to find and replace if needed. Lastly, 8-9 deer dropped dead under 50 yards when blasted through with the Rage 3.

Some should stay with fixed blades as the Rage may not be for everyone.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

I haven't had a chance to launch one at a deer yet (has been close a few times, shots just were not right so I held off), but the newer Rage for crossbow heads lock way better than the ones I used when hunting with a v bow. The crossbow heads have a notch cut into the blade in the area where the o ring locks it. Much better system when compared to the v bow heads. The o ring grip is such that the heads that are shipped in the open position will not close and lock properly. I had to put the broad head on an arrow shaft, then using o ring pick raise the o ring from it's groove and roll it down the arrow shaft, then put the blades into the closed position and roll the o ring back onto the broad head which locks the blades very securely. Using this method I have not had a blade come unlocked on my Firebolts so far this season. No need for sewing thread or dental rubber bands, just buy the orange colored for x bow Rages, and consider the method I used for locking the o ring. In the v bow days it was a pain in the back side.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

vixenmaster wrote: These are the most aggrivatin BH's i have ever fooled wid. The O ring will not keep the blades retained. I wouldn't give a you a Dime fer a barrel of these sorry excuses fer good BH's. Don't matter what damage they may do to an animal you gotstid to get them there & accurately enuff to kill them! :x
i'm wifya VM...i don't like'um neither !!! tried last year to try them, but never made it to tha swamp wif'um.
i like what you call tha "dirt nap BH".... them spitfires
be tha best in my book :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

gendoc wrote:
vixenmaster wrote: These are the most aggrivatin BH's i have ever fooled wid. The O ring will not keep the blades retained. I wouldn't give a you a Dime fer a barrel of these sorry excuses fer good BH's. Don't matter what damage they may do to an animal you gotstid to get them there & accurately enuff to kill them! :x
i'm wifya VM...i don't like'um neither !!! tried last year to try them, but never made it to tha swamp wif'um.
i like what you call tha "dirt nap BH".... them spitfires
be tha best in my book :mrgreen:
So what did ya do wif'um? :D :D
masboy

Post by masboy »

I had the crossbow ones that I gave my son . Mine were the 125 and kept coming open on me and my sons are crossbow 100 gr . He said no problem if you use a little pick and put them in good . Well we went hunting tonight and when he got one out of his quiver it was part open. I laughed and said good luck and he just smiled and said yea but they are real killers!