You

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MarkMarine

You

Post by MarkMarine »

Why is it that among all the archery forums, this one seems so different? So special? On many of the forums, the predominant membership has a plethora of bow makes & models - but here the predominance is ruled by Excalibur.

In other venues, most of the membership buys the latest model on a yearly basis - but here the mass majority covet what was to the exclusion of what is. We pride ourselves on "vintage" models and often incorporate that word in our signature line with "vintage Exomax" or "vintage Vixen", etcetera.

See? Since the days of the original Relayer or even Wolverine, little has actually changed. Oh, we have gone from cast risers to machined. Carved-Tip to Mag-Tip limbs...but truthfully beyond the lengthening of the rail, their is little physical distinction betwixt an Ibex and a Vortex or a Vixen-II and an Equinox.

...and that is how we like it!

We do not embrace change well, nor often. This is both a blessing and a bane to Bill; as those who buy Excalibur tend to hold on to them a long, long, loooooooooooooooooooooong time! Now, the folks at Matthews churn out "the latest and greatest" each and every year. Their loyal following cannot help but cough up hard earned dough because they just have to have it or they feel they will be somehow disadvantaged when and where it counts: Hunting!

But we few, yes - we proud few - who actually do own a hunting bow created by hunters, built by hunters for hunters, know something good when we get it in our hands. We hold tight to what works and jealously defend the product we bear so proudly.

Perhaps that is why when one comes amongst us and receives our welcoming embrace, in short order they become part of who we are as a body of brothers and sisters. There is little distinction between us beyond our age, our height, our weight, our location...for no matter where we are what we deploy as our crossbow defines who we are and, in turn, we as ambassadors of the sport cannot help but reflect upon the brand in our hand.

When a newcomer enters in and sees the fraternal bond forged in familiarity, they cannot help but wish to share in such camaraderie. On a few sad occasions, some who have done so have yearned to be a part of us so much that they created circumstances they felt would accelerate their acceptance...to their ultmate demise.

To all those new I will say this: Look at Excalibur...look closely. It is neither fancy, nor frivolous, fashionable nor facade; instead it is functional in its simplistic form. It need appear no other way than as it does* for the way it is we all have come to love. Therefore, be yourself - don't try to fit in as there is no need. Never fabricate achievements nor failures to glean attention - just be "you"; and that should be enough for anyone as it was surely enough for He whom created...you.

*with the exception of bringing Black Vixen back Bill!
bucknbill

Re: You

Post by bucknbill »

Mark thats good readin...I like the way it fits too :D
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

Yup agree with ya Mark. Makes one think that Bill T is in some way related to Henry Ford. Start with the Model T and keep offering a tough yet simple and reliable product.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

ElmerFudd wrote:Yup agree with ya Mark. Makes one think that Bill T is in some way related to Henry Ford. Start with the Model T and keep offering a tough yet simple and reliable product.

Please, PLEASE tell me you didn't just compare Excalibur to a f f ffford product :shock:

:lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

one shot scott wrote:
ElmerFudd wrote:Yup agree with ya Mark. Makes one think that Bill T is in some way related to Henry Ford. Start with the Model T and keep offering a tough yet simple and reliable product.

Please, PLEASE tell me you didn't just compare Excalibur to a f f ffford product :shock:

:lol:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Mark, I don't know how you do it bro. Good work as always.

Edit: I see you just posted, I meant the original post, not the laugh!! Although thats all good too :wink:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: On the Ford Product. lol lol. I do promise to never buy a Barnett though!!!!!!
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Neil,

No worries my northern friend. I do not care a whole lot for Ford pick-em-ups (but my young wife does fancy her red convertible Mustang LOL).

< Drives a Dodge 1 ton and dreams of the day I can wn a Chevy! :mrgreen:
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Mark i think you just spoke from my own heart :cry: :cry: Very well spoken. you seem to be a man of true commitment.;;;; this forum is lucky to have you.;;;

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

X2
By X2 I mean the forum is lucky to have ya Mark
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Wow! I appreciate the comments :) Too high a praise though, but I still appreciate them ;)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Fine reading i have found here on Mark's thread. Now we have work to do or i do. Think i will go back to hunting on Tues. If'en it don't rain.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Mike, dang my hide! Do leave a couple of deer left in Missouri. :lol: Perhaps you should just stay home and rest for awhile? Relax, take it easy...remember: sharing is caring! :mrgreen:
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Good stuff mark...just plain ole good stuff!! :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
rayman

Post by rayman »

Enjoyed reading this Mark. Had thought about it some already and I think you hit it on the head.

Chevy 4x4 reg cab man myself. Thought people liked Toyota Landcruisers and Dodge trucks with Cummings engines where it's cold. Maybe that's just Colorado. :roll: