Custom Bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crossbow225lb

Custom Bolts

Post by Crossbow225lb »

I'm gonna have some bolts made for me and the total arrow weight, with the broadhead is 488.8 grains. My FOC is 24.09......is that too much because it seems like alot? Here's the total bolt: GT Laser II with aluminum nock, 110 grain brass insert, 3 orange tiger striped blazer 2" vanes, the orange tiger striped wrap, a slick trick 175 grain. Any ideas, thoughts, or concerns are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Crossbow225lb
-DEER CRUSHER-
Gamikatsu

Re: Custom Bolts

Post by Gamikatsu »

talk about front heavy!
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
philman

Post by philman »

I think they will shoot great! I shoot powerbolts with 100gr brass front inserts, Flat plastic easton nocks, 4 inch wraps with blazers.. ...tipped with 150gr boltcutters. They shoot better than any arrow I have ever made. A little slower than most shoot but I like my heavy arrows! :D I bet you will like them. 8)
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

You asked, lol. I'd get an AZ-EZ and fletch my own. You can't get bare shafts from Danny, I get mine from Wyvern, inserts and nocks glued in for under $50 per doz.

I don't do wraps, they add 10 gr to rear and it's easier to get last years taxes back than to get them off. Check on paint [laquer only] cresting, my link's no good now or I'd post it.

I also wouldn't put that much weight up front, if you want more weight, I'd go to heavier shafts.

My home builts as you described sans wraps and 100 gr point vs 175, come in around 400 gr, fly like darts, w/ about 18% FOC. They shoot good in every Excal I've had.

My 'tame the beast' combo for Emax was 440 gr arrows w/ Excel [pre-Boo days]string, about 328 fps, but smooothh. Have fun!
"Eze 18:21"
Big John

Post by Big John »

Might be some fishing going on, but I want to add, wraps are an excellent way to guarentee vane or feather fletching adhesion. And, I know I'm a little disabeled, but I can remove old wraps and fletching and re-wrap again in three minutes. And fletching will adhere better to wraps than lacquer. Now I know I've only done a few, but its my opinion. :wink:
Last edited by Big John on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Crossbow225lb

Post by Crossbow225lb »

Thanks everyone!

Crossbow225lb
-DEER CRUSHER-