I like shooting mature bucks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

I like shooting mature bucks

Post by masboy »

I been bow hunting since sept 15 and almost everyday and spend more time in the woods than most and I thrive on trying too shoot a mature buck. I don,t consider myself a trophy hunter I don,t know how too score a rack and don,t care I just spend my time trying too find nice bucks and then taking one. if I shot the first too come along and all I had too do the rest of the season was to shoot some doe that would not excite me to much.trying to figure out the where the nice bucks are going to be and where to hunt that day is what excites me and makes me get out of bed on a cold morning.I,m not a meat hunter my sons bring more than enough meat home. I enjoy nature as munch as anybody but also like to shoot a nice buck now and then and also fish for big fish that's what drives me to fish and hunt so much always looking for a big one and spending most of time outdoors.
Big58cal

Re: I like shooting mature bucks

Post by Big58cal »

That's the great thing about hunting, you can choose what ever turns you on. :wink: The past few years, I've not had much time to hunt and need to put some meat away for the winter, so the first things that come by me take dirt naps. :D A few years ago when I had more time to hunt, I passed on smaller bucks to get more time in the woods and wait for a bigger one.

It all just depends on what motivates people to hunt, what standards they set for themselves, and what they themselves deem to be a trophy. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Sounds like the title of a hit song I would like.. :D
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
philman

Post by philman »

I enjoy shooting mature bucks....I take my fair share of antlerless deer to help fill the freezer and take the edge off. But the feeling you get when you finally get to put your hands on that trophy rack you have hunted for all season long in my opinion trumps all. :D
rayman

Post by rayman »

I like to shoot mature bucks as much as the next guy. Wouldn't quite say it trumps all for me. I look forward to many things in the ourdoors, killing big bucks included. Look forward to bow season again thanks to Excal, then look forward to rifle (big buck time for a few days), then look forward to doe week, another deer hunt or two, then squirrel with my kid, then spring turkey, and always looking forward to the next fishing trip.

Killed a nice buck a few years back that I had seen before and really got after. Since then it doesn't mean as much. Look forward to doe week as much as opening rifle.