Cut down a vortex rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Cut down a vortex rail

Post by Masboy »

I cut 4 inches off a vortex rail an got it all squared an drilled an checked the tiller an good to go.the rail is 2 inches shorter than my vixen rail an don,t know what pound it is or care. was shooting it with my16 inch BEA an deadly accurate an short an sweet an easy to cock by hand. Mabey my fish bow or for the kids to hunt with an just a fun bow to shoot.
Limbs and Sticks

Re: Cut down a vortex rail

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Masboy wrote:I cut 4 inches off a vortex rail an got it all squared an drilled an checked the tiller an good to go.the rail is 2 inches shorter than my vixen rail an don,t know what pound it is or care. was shooting it with my16 inch BEA an deadly accurate an short an sweet an easy to cock by hand. Mabey my fish bow or for the kids to hunt with an just a fun bow to shoot.

De-stroke, will work well.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Masboy wrote:I cut 4 inches off a vortex rail an got it all squared an drilled an checked the tiller an good to go.the rail is 2 inches shorter than my vixen rail an don,t know what pound it is or care. was shooting it with my16 inch BEA an deadly accurate an short an sweet an easy to cock by hand. Mabey my fish bow or for the kids to hunt with an just a fun bow to shoot.
About 100 pound bow now. Got a picture? :wink:
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Maybe I can pull your new creation till my shoulder heals and allows me to try out my Ibex. :)