Micro335 or M380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RidgeReaperZ13

Micro335 or M380

Post by RidgeReaperZ13 »

Been hunting with an Excal Vortex for 4 years now and during that time it served me well. Bagged 3 really nice bucks that are on the wall and 1 doe with it. That being said im looking for one of the newer models with the shorter limbs. Was considering the M355 or M380 because of the shorter limbs and speed. But then the new Micro just came out with only 25 inch limbs which is alot more compact and i really like compact weapons especially since i hunt on the ground in the open and have branches and trees sometimes next to me and can be a pain when the shot is fired and limbs expand.. always have to plan around the limbs. But with the Micro id still be in the same speed category (maybe slightly faster) as my Vortex .. But with one of the faster models i can get better performance and power and less judging yards.. So im torn and just looking for some advise from some of the newer model owners out there on which one? So super compact for ground hunting or Speed?
Bigship

Re: Micro335 or M380

Post by Bigship »

Liking my Micro 335. Put 125 grain NAP Spitfires on the stock quills and handed it to my son who took his first crossbow doe with a textbook heart shot at 21yards from a tree stand. First time for all of above. Even cocked it in the stand, but he said it was difficult to cock and keep his balance. He likes the compact size and ability to steady it freehand.
RidgeReaperZ13

Post by RidgeReaperZ13 »

Bigship wrote:Liking my Micro 335. Put 125 grain NAP Spitfires on the stock quills and handed it to my son who took his first crossbow doe with a textbook heart shot at 21yards from a tree stand. First time for all of above. Even cocked it in the stand, but he said it was difficult to cock and keep his balance. He likes the compact size and ability to steady it freehand.
How is the performance of your Micro 335? I know my Vortex at 330 fps can shoot further then most think. whats the yardage capability of it as far as far shot performance at 50 yards and beyond?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have a Vortex, and this bow is a much smaller twin to that bow in terms of performance. A bit tougher to cock, but if you hunt tree stands, none better than this one, and it is dialed to perfection at 40 yards, and that is as far as I have shot mine. I'm certain it could be a 70 yard bow with the time to get it there, but for me, 40 yards, definite kill, good enough for the KID! 8) I'm shooting 15" Zombie Slayers, total weight is 354 grains! :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
RidgeReaperZ13

Post by RidgeReaperZ13 »

Ya its deff a tough decision.. Interested im the Matrix 405 too. Wonder about the limb life on those speed models tho?. I bet that 405 is sweet out 100 yards! Gonna be a surprise even to me what i end up with in the next coming weeks. Cause i love compact weapons but i love speed and power too. And with the matrix models being smaller then my Vortex that seems like it would be a happy medium speed and smaller then what i have now. But i have a feeling im going to see the Micro in person and love the small size of it!
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

Both are very good choices. The power of the 380 is very appealing. My 380 wasn't arrow finicky at all. Dead nuts accurate! I am now the proud owner of a camo and a black Micro. I found these Micro's to be a hunters dream to carry and hunt with. They are plenty fast and will get it done just fine. I've only shot mine to 40yds so I can't attest for long ranges.
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
Bigship

Post by Bigship »

RidgeReaperZ13 wrote:
Bigship wrote:Liking my Micro 335. Put 125 grain NAP Spitfires on the stock quills and handed it to my son who took his first crossbow doe with a textbook heart shot at 21yards from a tree stand. First time for all of above. Even cocked it in the stand, but he said it was difficult to cock and keep his balance. He likes the compact size and ability to steady it freehand.
How is the performance of your Micro 335? I know my Vortex at 330 fps can shoot further then most think. whats the yardage capability of it as far as far shot performance at 50 yards and beyond?
My son still has it! He's returning it Thanksgiving week. I'll put it thru the crony and bench shoot it out to 50 yards and let you know. Got to sight in a new Burris 3x red dot so it's all part of the drill. I'll post here as soon as I can.