Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt first fletch job

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kegbelly

Re: Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt first fletch job

Post by Kegbelly »

xcaliber wrote:John, I mean Mr. Smith. :lol: :lol: :lol: We have seen your work, I think you're far from rookie status! :wink:
Thanks Dan, your tool helped fill two freezers this year :D It's a great tool and it lets you turn out professional looking arrows with just a little practice. I love it!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It's always cool to enjoy success with the the things made by your hands. It's not for everyone, there are some that spend time on other facets of the sport, and enjoy success from planting food plots, scouting, etc. In my mind, it's the same thing. Fruits of your labor! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Jeff,
Nice job! That tool is great. I use Gateway's glue for feathers, and BlueTop Gorilla glue, or Blue Top Loctite gel. Just fletched 2 aluminum arrows with the Loctite and some old Fusion vanes yesterday and it worked great. I've had issues in the past getting the Fusions to stick, but the Loctite seemed to do better on them. Give some Rayzr feathers a try. The EZ Fletch does a great job with them as well.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><

Post by newbie »

I also use the Zipstrip but will leave some residue that i use the 3M pad to remove. I never could get the loctite bluetop to stick proper. I only use Gorilla Glue Blue top now.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

paulaboutform wrote:Congratulations Jeff, nice work. I'll pass along a suggestion I got from Boo and it works perfectly. Take a clean glass jar such as a small pasta jar, and fill it with enough acetone to take your Bolt E-Z Fletch jig and submerge it until the arms are covered. Leave it for a minute or two and clean the arms. I've found, thanks to Don, that this is the most effective way to clean the jig.

Paul
Thanks for the tip on cleaning the arms...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger

Post by newbie »

GrassyKnoll wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Congratulations Jeff, nice work. I'll pass along a suggestion I got from Boo and it works perfectly. Take a clean glass jar such as a small pasta jar, and fill it with enough acetone to take your Bolt E-Z Fletch jig and submerge it until the arms are covered. Leave it for a minute or two and clean the arms. I've found, thanks to Don, that this is the most effective way to clean the jig.

Paul
Thanks for the tip on cleaning the arms...
Works like a charm. i drop mine in a jar for half hour when im done using it before glue sets completely comes out looking like new.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
bubba

Post by bubba »

Looks like a good jog to me..I have a few damaged vanes that are in need of help.. Anyway good job.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

Have fletched arrows for a while but am unclear as to what to use for cross bow, right -left hec.- strieght or offset to what degree. I shot fix blades in my v-bow but am trying mech. in my CB.
Great job there Jeff.
Have a blessed day
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

tripNchip wrote:Have fletched arrows for a while but am unclear as to what to use for cross bow, right -left hec.- strieght or offset to what degree. I shot fix blades in my v-bow but am trying mech. in my CB.
Great job there Jeff.
The Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt is made for 2" fletchings and puts a bunch of helical on them. No need to give up your fixed blades if you don't want to. Many use this tool to achieve good BH stabilization using fixed blades.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Nice job!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Boo wrote:
Shoebuck wrote:There is a tool called a Zip Strip , it works great and it will not harm your shaft. The head is shaped to fit the shaft and you just push it down the shaft under the fletching.
Excellent tool!
Not cheap, lol. What is, these days?
"Eze 18:21"
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

tripNchip wrote:Have fletched arrows for a while but am unclear as to what to use for cross bow, right -left hec.- strieght or offset to what degree. I shot fix blades in my v-bow but am trying mech. in my CB.
Great job there Jeff.
I've fletched thousands of arrows for my compounds over the years and had excellent results with a 1 degree offset. From the testing I've done with my crossbow arrows, the extreme helical you get with the Bolt E-Z Fletch is the way to go. It doesn't matter if you use left or right helical, it's whichever you prefer. No need to shy away from fixed blades. I've only thoroughly tested my broadheads out to 65yards but will hit inch and a half spots all day off the bench. I'm using Toxics but have no doubt I'd get similar results with Slick Tricks or the QAD Exodus. I know many love their mechanicals but I personally prefer my fixed. Ultimately, put the arrows in the right place and your job's done. :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Those look nice. I too picked up this same jig with a Christmas gift card. Along with some Blazers, The Stripper and Fletch-Tite Platinum from Bohning. I agree with others, it was so easy anyone could turn out professional looking results.

The comment on using acetone was a lifesaver. Walmart sells a 16oz bottle of professional fingernail polish remover (Brand=Onyx Professionals) for $2.50. The bottle is plenty tall and large enough that you can drop the stripped shaft into the bottle and it will stand without tipping over. A few minutes later you can remove a fairly clean shaft. Wait five minutes and it will be spotless.

I've already ordered more vanes. I've been eyeballing a carbon arrow saw. I've heard this is how expensive hobbies get started. :lol:

Anyone ever have luck removing inserts glued in with Gorilla Glue? 5 minutes in acetone did nothing.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:

Post by newbie »

DuckHunt wrote:Those look nice. I too picked up this same jig with a Christmas gift card. Along with some Blazers, The Stripper and Fletch-Tite Platinum from Bohning. I agree with others, it was so easy anyone could turn out professional looking results.

The comment on using acetone was a lifesaver. Walmart sells a 16oz bottle of professional fingernail polish remover (Brand=Onyx Professionals) for $2.50. The bottle is plenty tall and large enough that you can drop the stripped shaft into the bottle and it will stand without tipping over. A few minutes later you can remove a fairly clean shaft. Wait five minutes and it will be spotless.

I've already ordered more vanes. I've been eyeballing a carbon arrow saw. I've heard this is how expensive hobbies get started. :lol:

Anyone ever have luck removing inserts glued in with Gorilla Glue? 5 minutes in acetone did nothing.

DuckHunt
I try to explain to the Walmart ladys it for use in arrow building not for my toes.....I still get funny looks when i walk out withbtwo bottles.
Yes i keep one bottle dirty to dip the shafts in and one clean. Dump the dirty into a small mason jar for cleaning the jig after.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
cspot

Post by cspot »

Looks good to me. It is pretty much idiot proof and that is why I like it as well. The only tip I can give you is when you release it to close up the arms make sure to go slow. If you go fast sometimes the vanes will slide up the shaft. I found the loctite gel glue (in blue bottle I think) works the best for me. Refletching arrows is a good wintertime project.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335