Matrix 330 changing POI

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Re: Matrix 330 changing POI

Post by nchunterkw »

Adjusting the speed ring (magnification), will only affect the POI for every aiming point EXCEPT the center crosshair. This will not change because it is in the center of the lens. The process is :
Zero at 20 yds with the center crosshair - use the scope dials to set POI
Move back to a know longer yardage (i.e. 50yds)
Adjust POI (elevation) with the speed ring only (numbers on the speed ring are reference only)

FWIW - in my mind "on" at 20yds with these bows is when the arrow hits exactly where I am aiming. Not 1 arrow shaft width off in any direction.

All other aiming points should be very close at 10 yd increments, although in actuality depending on arrow wt., etc they may be off by a yard or 2 at each distance.

Keep in mind that if you are using a Dead Zone or Varizone they only adjust in 2MOA increments. That is about 0.4" at 20yds, 0.8" at 40yds.

Still after having said all of this,....I think you have a jacked up scope :mrgreen:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
nannyhammer

Post by nannyhammer »

As suggested, I re-checked each/every fastener and found nothing loose. Took laser range finder to measure out 50yds and set up a table with a shooting bag. Reset the scope speed ring to lowest setting and confirmed zero at 20yds. Once that was confirmed I started increasing the speed ring above the 325fps marking and easily got everything to hit at 50yds. Lesson learned, speed ring doesn't exactly match the speeds the chrono spits out. Let the bow set for three days then re-checked and everything is holding. Can hit within 1.5” of my aiming point from 50yds standing up using a tall bipod. Considering I set my stands/blinds up to shoot 30yds this should be more than close enough. Thanks for the pointers in getting this thing lined out.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Happy hunting nh.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family